update problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. xaar81

xaar81 New Member This Topic's Starter

hello just got the phone installed kies when i go to firmware update it says no responce from server and the same when i click the samsung icon,dont know whats going on anyone know if the servers are down or is it my computer

Advertisement
  2. xaar81

nobody has a clue whats the problem

3. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Isn't that one of the standard messages that Kies chucks out? It's a very poor piece of software.

Anyway, it's not like there's a 2.2 update waiting for you to download. I think a couple of the networks have approved the JM1 update (a newer version of 2.1) but if you're not sim free or vodafone you're probably out of luck (anyone know exactly who released that?)

4. xaar81

i am sim free and vodafone ireland,but i find that program kies is very bad when i go to firmware update it doesnt show what firmware i have at the min just no responce to server bullshit i dont think its working right on my computer,im in no rush to update but didnt want to install a whole lot of apps then have to wipe them off.also the other program nps firmware update dosent show my phone on the list just greyed out which i find strange

5. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Check your firmware version (down in teh bottom of settings somewhere) If it's JM1 you've got the latest.

NPS definitely isn't for the Galaxy S.

Kies is but is a shocking piece of software. There are a lot of threads on here you can browse through to look at possible connection fixes. It will take a long time though.

6. xaar81

got it sorted out for anyone with the same problem i was on windows 7 64 bit installed kies and it would not connect to the server for firmware tried to install a new version of kies also blocked me from doing that so installed windows 32 bit on a partition and installed all drivers and it worked no problem,dont know why i would not work on x64