• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update pushing out now [ 2/12/16]

Assuming you've tried many times charging and resetting with no luck, the only other step I know is flashing. Here's the link:
http://www.xda-developers.com/unlock-root-moto-360-xdatv/
I haven't tried it. It just seems like something that might work... but you're going to have to order (or make) a cable and spend some time figuring things out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Two of the new things in Marshmallow for wear mirror are similar to new features for Marshmallow for Phone:
  • Permission management - in settings you can prevent certain apps from accessing certain info on your watch.
  • Doze mode - puts things to sleep to decrease battery use with screen off.

Other new stuff:
  • new gestures for navigating menus / notifications ..... Phandroid video here
  • you have a new app on your watch called "reminders" which provides assistance in managing your reminders
  • more apps support voice messages (hangouts, whatsapp etc)

New stuff that doesn't matter much to most of us
  • speaker support (no speakers on M360)
  • new languages supported

Some links:
http://officialandroid.blogspot.com/2016/02/android-wear-designed-for-your-wrist.html

I got my update 2 1/2 weeks ago for my moto 360 1st gen. Got notice for update. Waited til I got home to charge it. 100% Did update. Checked watch 1/2 hr later. It was off. So turned it back on. Turned on...barely. It freezes every single tine on the Motorola "M" logo. Did hard reset by holding power button for half a minute until it shuts off. Decided to put it back on charge cradle thinking when it was updating battery went down (even if it was only 1/2 hr after 100%). It turned on when place in cradle but still freezes on the logo "M". Nothing. It's literally just freezes on logo. Any ideas to fix it. I'm out of warranty.
Read through this thread.
https://www.reddit.com//r/moto360/c...en_soft_bricked_after_update/?sort=confidence
Suggests two things:
1 - put it on charger immediately after starting
or
2 - press power button for 5 seconds (until vibrates twice), then release and apparently you go to recovery mode where you can factory reset.

Upvote 0
Another new"feature":
If you've got Marshmallow on watch AND Marshmallow on phone AND google messenger on phone, then you should have a new google messenger app on your watch. It allows you to browse old sms conversations, initiate an sms, and also select from a few canned responses (all from the watch messenger app). I can see the canned responses being helpful during large meetings or during informal small meetings. (I probably wouldn't fiddle with my watch during an important small meeting)

Last edited:
Reactions: Outatime
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones