• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Update screwed me ?

DL09 2.1-update1, Im still a noob when coming to rooting but apparently I got updated lastnight and now my wifi tether doesn't work. It just says "Unable to start tethering. Is your device rooted?"

I rooted a couple weeks ago and haven't had any problems till now.

Been reading everything I can to try to figure it out for the past couple hours but Im not getting anywhere.

Can anyone help me by explaining if I have to unroot and root again or..

Thanks in advance..

DL09 2.1-update1, Im still a noob when coming to rooting but apparently I got updated lastnight and now my wifi tether doesn't work. It just says "Unable to start tethering. Is your device rooted?"

I rooted a couple weeks ago and haven't had any problems till now.

Been reading everything I can to try to figure it out for the past couple hours but Im not getting anywhere.

Can anyone help me by explaining if I have to unroot and root again or..

Thanks in advance..

your best bet is to push through one of the all in one odin files to clean everything out (you will loose data) and kill superuser....or you can try and unroot to remove superuser and then reroot with the new methods

but just another reason not to take ota's when you are rooted ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones