• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Update screwed things up!!!!!!!

Riker26

Lurker
Jul 6, 2014
First off I want to clarify something, and that is that if you love the new update, this thread is not for you. If you also have some complaints about the update, read on. So when the update came out I admit, I was excited. But now about two days into the update I've found quite a few things wrong... For example, When I went and double yapped the home button I had it set so it would take me to google now, but in the update it went to S Voice so I thought I just had to reset the shortcuts which is no biggie. But when I did I learned that Google Now is no longer available as a short cut by double tapping and only S Voice. Also the YouTube application is no longer compatible with the Gmail Widget??! 'Cause when I went to my gmail and clicked on a YouTube link, it said: Open in Browser or Chrome and YouTube was NOT an option! Please fix!

:thinking: What is the purpose for this thread?

Did you created this thread with the sole purpose to moan about the update ???

Or are you eventually looking for help and solutions???

"The update is not that great, but is not that bad either".

You just need to adapt and find ways around to get things done to your taste again...

I personally don't like the new Google implementation in regards to the External Storage card.
But there is a fix to it.

On my device, I disabled the S Voice and activated the "OK Google Everywhere" and now "Google Now" works even with the screen off. And is not that bad with the battery either.

;) If there is a will, than there is a way!

Upvote 0
I'm also having that problem with the YouTube link, it keeps sending me to chrome first and only after that it allows me to open the YouTube app.

Great point you mentioned about the calculator... so important and is not working on the multiple window tray.
I found a 3rd party calculator app on the Play Store that is working: "Calculator Plus Free"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones