• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*update*{seems stable now}...smh..I think i finally got the mic bug. Please confirm

trophynuts

Extreme Android User
Jul 6, 2010
SouthEastern US
Well after 7 months and 3 diff Nexus phones...i think i have finally been bit with the mic bug.....This SUCKS!! Let me explain what is happening. Those of you that have it or had it can you tell me if this is what happened to you as well.

The other day i noticed my mic cutting out when trying to make a call. Also i couldn't hear anything either. Neither on the ear piece or the speaker phone. It happened for about five minutes and then was fine.

Well today i tried calling my Dad 4 times....about 3 seconds into each call it started cutting out. Like you could hear it pop in and out. He couldn't hear me/i couldn't hear him. Having it on speakerphone or ear piece made no difference...

Does this sound familiar?

This really bites. I'm going out of the country tomorrow for about 2 months and have no way to get it replaced by then. ... :(

Reactions: jbdan
well i reflashed to stock everything. Seems to be fine now. I'm not real sure what the deal was. Of all the mic bug threads i've read i've never seen anyone saying their "silent" icon was flickering on and off when the sound was cutting out so who knows.

True that. Its so random from what I read and it was for me too. I would think you'd have to run stock for a few weeks and make a lot of calls to try and trouble shoot it. Isn't this your 3rd GN

Upvote 0
I'm on my 5th SGN. I've had one with the one way calling where I could hear them perfectly but all they heard were funny noises on the other end of the line. Another one where earpiece didn't work so I could only make calls on speakerphone. Never had the problem you mentioned though with mute flickering on and off.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones