Update Software Problem - Red TriangleSupport

1. It's the first time I update my HTC Desire, Android 2.3.3 Software still on 1.32.832.3, now I've been proposed to update it to 1.47.832.1

After download I start the installation, phone restarts and then I get 5 seconds of progress bar going on, but before 50% I get a red exclamation point and phone is blocked. All I can do is to remove the battery or do reset.

Anyone with the same problem? I've tried with wi-fi and 3G still the same problem. And every time it downloads the whole file again, where does the system save the file anyway?

Thanks
    Raphael

Advertisement
    :
  2. notebook

notebook Well-Known Member

You could try to install the RUU file of the OTA yourself.

Here's a link to the RUU of the same OTA software version you tried to install, i.e. 1.47.832.1. (The file itself comes from a trusted source of carrier and stock ROMs for the Desire S on xda-developers.com.)

You'll need to save this file to your PC, connect the PC to your phone with the USB cable and run the RUU. See this guide for more details on how to install an RUU.

You do this at your risk. I've no idea whether or not the file is 100% safe (virus/malware free) or if it will fix your problem. There is a chance it could make things worse or brick your phone [prevent it from working] as it already has an existing unspecified problem.

Without rooting your phone, and if you've already tried a factory reset, I think your only other option is to send it in for repair.