[Update: Still Shot Procured] LIVE: Eric Schmidt Holding What Looks Like the Nexus S with Gingerbrea

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

Well well well, rumors came out regarding the Web 2.0 conference and a Gingerbread announcement, but those were just rumors. And while today’s occurrence wasn’t a formal announcement by any means, Eric Schmidt took to the hot seat with a device that looks JUST LIKE the Nexus S seen spied in various angles. (Look at [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. atkjhi

atkjhi Active Member

I'm waiting for this phone. I wasn't thrilled with the Vibrant and was set on the MT4G but I think I'll wait for the Nexus S. I've waited this long to get a smart phone so waiting a few more weeks won't kill me.

3. o_herrera

o_herrera Member

Why did it have to be on T-Mobile's fake 4G network.. please sell on Sprint..

4. IndivisibleP

IndivisibleP Well-Known Member

I think according to the FCC standards all the US companies (AT&t, Sprint, T-mobile, etc) have "fake 4G networks" right now. And what I mean is none of them comply with or meet what the FCC defines as 4G.

Sprint went ahead and called its newest network technology 4G for marketing purposes and it seems the other companies now have pressure to do same if they want to appear competitive, but in reality they are all below the mark.

At any rate I wonder if the Nexus phones will always be (or least primarily be) GSM phones. GSM is a more universal platform in terms of worldwide integration and I wonder if that is something Google is intentionally prioritizing? Anyway just a thought...

5. cred05

cred05 Well-Known Member

I hope you're joking.

6. Intruder

Intruder Well-Known Member

hate these posts !!!!!!!

Would like to see this phone and the info but I did not join this forum and be lead to another.. !!!! Sort it out or dont post here keep it to your place ffs...