[UPDATE] Stock Rom 2.3.6 DDKQ8(INU) overview!General

1. galaxyace152

galaxyace152 Well-Known Member

FINALLY......2.3.6 has arrived in India for our Galaxy Ace!

There are some changes introduced by Samsung in this version (some mainly because of Apple's patent fight with Samsung on Slide to unlock lock screen and Overscroll bounce...)

So here are the changes which I found:-

1) Lock Screen
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Unlock method has changed. When you keep your finger on the screen, a lock like symbol will appear! You have to slide your finger over the screen and make the lock open!(I think this lock screen is there on the S2 too...)

One more advantage is that the lock screen also displays your unread text message count and you can directly access the messages by sliding on top of the red circle which has a message symbol on top! It even supports missed call countand you can access your missed calls directly! Cool, huh?

Unfortunately, you don't have the old slide to unlock method and you have to adjust to the new lock screen.

2) Touchwiz
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Not much has changed...! The call button icon and Memo icon has changed somewhat. And the homescreen is loopable now.....you can go directly from the last homescreen to first homescreen. In the app drawer, you can go to any page by simply tapping at its screen number on the top, and it will go to that page......so if you want to go to page 5 from page 1, you have to tap the 5th grey dot on top to reach the fifth page!

3) Call Receiving Screen
    [​IMG]

Just like the Lock Screen, even the call screen has changed! Now it looks somewhat better than the old one! NOTE: I have pixelated the caller ID for security reasons! :p

4) Overscroll Glow
    [​IMG]

Gallery Overscroll:

[​IMG]

The overcroll glow effect also has been added! It is nice in some places like the settings menu and annoying in some areas like the gallery! But overall it looks nice! ;)

5) Gallery
    NEW

[​IMG]

OLD

[​IMG]

Very light theme differences....See and tell me what is different! ;)

That's all!

VERSION

[​IMG]

Download link(for flashing with Odin): Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: S5830DDKQ8_S5830ODDKQ7_INU.zip

Tutorial on flashing with Odin: How to upgrade Samsung Galaxy Ace via ODIN | Ace Tips

Clear Cache Partition from recovery menu after update! Otherwise, you will have problems!

How to go to recovery menu: Turn off your phone. Then, ON it by holding Power+Home button at the same time. You will reach the recovery menu. You cannot use touch there. You can Navigate only with the Volume buttons and Select using Home button.

Conclusion

Overall it is faster, looks better and I somewhat like the lock screen! I would recommend you to go for the update! You can go for it even if you don't live in India.

Thanks for Reading! Have fun!

Advertisement
    :
    muqtaliff, sagie69, anitf2 and 2 others like this.
  2. wearethestorm

wearethestorm Well-Known Member

Nice! Cheers for the screenshots, looks awesome. Now just got to hope this update makes it to O2 in the UK...
    galaxyace152 likes this.
  3. socrates0

socrates0 Well-Known Member

Noticed that the ringtone for receiving a sms & the delivery report is the same - no matter what ringtone you have applied Bloody inconvenient
    &
    When the phone gets charged I do not get s sound notification like in 2.3.4
    The notification ringtone works fine for alarms/reminders but so far its not rung when battery is full nor is there a icon in the notification bar with the battery symbol. It only says battery charged below the clock. Has anyone noticed the same? Or is it only for me (some glitch)
  4. galaxyace152

I don't have any problems like that! Reflash your firmware.
  5. socrates0

You mean its just like it was in 2.3.4? I had updated thru the OTA method as I do not have too much confidence i the KIES s/w :) Reluctant to reflash as I am not sure I will end up with an improvement :)
  6. galaxyace152

For me OTA method did not work! It asked me to download 14.4 mb and started installing after download. After that it displayed DDKQ8 but it was still in 2.3.4 and the wifi didn't work and all apps kept on crashing! So I downloaded the file package and flashed it via odin and everything just works fine! I didn't lose any apps because I was in INU! Try it via odin and I still do not trust OTA! :mad:
  7. socrates0

Is that the link you have given above, I am downloading it a 136.4MB file does ti also contain ODIN. (Excuse my queries which I know sound dumb, I am a newbie) How long did it take to install? The 14 odd MB via OTA gave me the jitters :) as it took about 30+ mins to install.
  8. galaxyace152

My link works and it will take a long time if you have slow internet! I have 256 kbps(very damn slow) and I used a download manager called flashget and it took about 2 hours to download. You need to know how to flash with odin.
    socrates0 likes this.
  9. socrates0

I have a 2Mbps line (already 73% complete) but I know nothing about ODIN only heard about it where do I get it?
  10. galaxyace152

Search on google "how to use odin samsung galaxy ace" and you will find out......if you don't, I will help you! :)
  11. socrates0

DL over cool thanks a lot :)
  12. galaxyace152

socrates0 likes this.
  13. galaxyace152

First you need to switch off your phone and then on it by holding volume down+home+power button! It will go to download mode. Then plug your phone to the computer with usb cable and follow the video

In the end after firs boot again switch off the phone and power it on with home+power buttons and you will go to recovery menu. Then with your volume buttons go down to clear cache partition and then press home key! Then just reboot and your update is complete!
    socrates0 likes this.
  14. prasadsawant47

prasadsawant47 Active Member

thanks man alot
  15. coolyboy

coolyboy New Member

I updated my galaxy ace to 2.3.6 but my wifi disconnected for every 3 minute and then reconnect after 2 to 3 second. When I downgrade to 2.3.4 there is no problem. What might be the problem?
  16. galaxyace152

Did you go to recovery menu and clear Cache? I have no problems!
  17. Mackinon

Mackinon Well-Known Member

just flashed the above mentioned firmware on my phone with odin. no problem with wifi what so ever. good to have you unrooted phone back....
  18. coolyboy

coolyboy New Member

after installing 2.3.6 i didnt done any cache clear? but before flashing i done..
  19. Mackinon

Mackinon Well-Known Member

i had to clear the cache coz my phone had gone into a boot loop
  20. galaxyace152

Try to clear cache again or flash the firmware again.
  21. coolyboy

coolyboy New Member

still not works
  22. chrcol

chrcol Well-Known Member

ok so instead of pressing home button and then swiping to unlock now have to press home button, hold the touch screen to make lock appear and then swipe? if so thats even more cumbersome. They had to change this due to a silly patent?

I use ezanswer for answering calls. Which allows use of buttons to answer or pressing a virtual button on the touchscreen instead of swipe.
  23. Rooferkev

Rooferkev Well-Known Member

Hi

Will this work ok with European phones?

Thanks
  24. galaxyace152

Yes. As long as your phone is S5830, it will work. You won't have any problems at all.
  25. ctribaldos85

ctribaldos85 New Member

i need help.

i have the new galaxy ace with flash camera and it came with 2.3.4. i have updated with odin 2.3.6 and everything seems excellent i have cleared catch and factory reset but one issue. the phone wont recognize my Claro Sim card, it stays in emergency calls only.

What do i do, i live in latin america.