update taking *very* long to come back upSupport

Last Updated:

1. dennyfargo

dennyfargo New Member This Topic's Starter

Just was prompted this morning to update the software on my first gen Motorola Droid-- and i have done it. The phone has been 'restarting' now for 15 mins.. is this normal?? any comments, suggestions would be encouraging..

Advertisement
  2. VIO

VIO Well-Known Member

yes It can take a while on an initial boot after a major update, but 15 min is starting to push it.

If you can't get past the M screen you may have to file a warrenty claim with Verizon, for a bad update.

OR

take your phones fate in your own hands and RSDlite flash that baby back to brand new. For instructions on how to use RSDlite check out the stickied Root threads in the Droid forum, (all things root sub-forum)

3. stormwarz

stormwarz Member

Must be one of those ota bad updates. And personally liked the first release version, ya know that buggy one. The 2.2 on my new Droid I don't like at all, I will roll with one I download. And bro I beta test everything as I work for Microsoft in the senior exchange team. And Verizon ota is still buggy, its about sales. I see it everyday. I have yet to see one person with the ota version, don't think big red didn't have that in mind. So if what you say is true the new phone is loaded with 2.2 and you think their rolling it in batches so it wont bug out, then why are they not selling it in batches. Its about money! So they hooked ones that wanted it. Why do you think they didn't sell out, because we had it, just a thought rant and rave that's why its a forum.

4. FoFa

FoFa Member

Mine took about 5 minutes on my Droid I this morning

5. jetsfan4ever80

jetsfan4ever80 New Member

Mine has been stuck at the Motorola logo for about 2 hours. Looks like I will be contacting Verizon :-(