Update to 1.6?Support

Last Updated:

1. bumster

bumster Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I recived my HTC Magic phone some days ago(love it) and reccently saw there was a 1.6 update on android.com?

How do I get it? Bought the phone without any mobile operator bindings.. but iam using telia.

Best Regards
    Bumster.

Advertisement
  2. Miss_Almie112

Miss_Almie112 Active Member

The update for the 1.6 donut has only been released in the UK and the US OTA (over the air). Apparently this is the only way that the magic will receive its update and you can not get it through a download on a site. I'm still waiting in Canada for it. AHHHHH!!!!

3. bumster

Ok, thanks.

So Iam waiting for android to release it for Sweden then?

Is there anylist or anything, so I know when it will be "aired"?

Best Regads
    Bumster

4. Miss_Almie112

Unfortunately nothing right now, you will just have to try and keep updated through the wonderful internet. And hope that it will be released in all countries that have the HTC Magic SOON! :D

5. bumster

Ok thanks,

Thats kinda sucky though.

Remembered on the iphone, just check for update, that was great.

Hope Android will get better on notification on updates.

Best Regads
    Bumster

6. Steem

Steem Active Member

Ours is better than iPhone's. The Magic automatically scans for updates available over the air and you will be notified right away when the update is available to download straight from the phone.

Apple requires you to connect to iTunes on the desktop while Magic does it over the air (thru the network or wifi).

All it needs is your patience.

7. bumster

Hello,

That is really great, but the android could give a hint when newstuff arives. :)

Thanks everybody.

Best Regards
    bumster

8. Steem

Steem Active Member

Hi. It does. An update available icon appears on the top left hand corner of your phone screen when a new update is available for the market apps you have downloaded or the OS. I was quite impressed with this as compared with my previous experience with my N97 and the iPhone.

9. Miss_Almie112

The apps that you have downloaded do not automatically show an icon to download an update to the app unless you actually go into the market place to see your downloaded apps and see that there is in fact an update to download. This is true for the 1.5 version, unless you are speaking about the 1.6 update and that is the way that it shows an update is available?

10. slarti

slarti Well-Known Member

I have to disagree with you here, 2-3 times a week I get an icon in the notification tray (Top left corner) telling me there are app updates available for download from the marketplace. I click on the icon and get taken to the my downloads area of the market place, this is with android 1.5.

It's a standard feature I don't know why it's not working for you.

11. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

@Slarti , Thats the way it is suppose to be. But a few months ago It stopped working for me for some reason so Now I don't get any type of icon and I have to go to the Market to check for Updates. Just a Minor inconvenience but my apps still get updated :)

12. Steem

Steem Active Member

Yup. Mine too. Don't need to go marketplace before the update icon appears on the 1.5.

13. MoreYummy

MoreYummy Well-Known Member

How did it work even before 1.6?

I never see any icon to tell me update, i always have to check market place for update.