• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update to 2.1 rolling out 6/28

Who gives a fig about what you doubt? I am a Behold 2 owner. And until I get the situation resolved I will keep the light on the situation. As to what I will do? I will keep on living and making sure that I don't sit idly by while getting screwed. And as to what you do? Frankly Scarlett...

I don't know what planet you're on but in my world, a man's word means something. If this CEO's word is meaningless then people need to know about it.

And you are *so* wrong about what has happened here. All of this "NO Phone Left Behind" business and Samsung removing that video are a DIRECT result of the tumult that was created in this forum and elsewhere via letters, phone calls and especially online postings. Don't get it twisted.

You do realize this is the 21st century and not the 20th century right?

A mans word means nothing in this century anymore. Maybe in the 60's that was viable but not in this century.

Upvote 0
You do realize this is the 21st century and not the 20th century right?

A mans word means nothing in this century anymore. Maybe in the 60's that was viable but not in this century.

You do realize that a liar is a liar in ANY century, right? Just because one chooses not to live with nor have integrity doesn't mean that this is the norm.

Upvote 0
a fix to this issue, is Tmobile can only force customer to obligated 6mos contract instead of a 2 years as required. Is this make sense? Any lawyer out there?

I'm a lawyer. No class-action or anything about this is going anywhere, but the customer loyalty approach (i.e. trying to get Tmo to hook you up so you don't cancel) can probably work. I doubt there's anything about this situation that suggests Tmo or Samsung can be held legally liable for anything, but it maybe makes good business sense for them to do something about it. So Tmo may do any number of things regarding your relationship with them to keep you as a customer. I plan to wait until there's a phone Tmo can offer me that I really want, then ask them to reset my upgrade status since I wasted it on this POS. That's something they can do pretty easily, and it will extend my contract term for the 6+ months I've had this phone, so maybe they will do it. Maybe they won't. But Tmo can re-work your contract any way they (or you) want, if they think it will keep you as a customer.

Upvote 0
I'm a lawyer. No class-action or anything about this is going anywhere, but the customer loyalty approach (i.e. trying to get Tmo to hook you up so you don't cancel) can probably work. I doubt there's anything about this situation that suggests Tmo or Samsung can be held legally liable for anything, but it maybe makes good business sense for them to do something about it. So Tmo may do any number of things regarding your relationship with them to keep you as a customer. I plan to wait until there's a phone Tmo can offer me that I really want, then ask them to reset my upgrade status since I wasted it on this POS. That's something they can do pretty easily, and it will extend my contract term for the 6+ months I've had this phone, so maybe they will do it. Maybe they won't. But Tmo can re-work your contract any way they (or you) want, if they think it will keep you as a customer.

Precisely.

Upvote 0
He was a troll guys! And he worked his craft to perfection! you will never see him again. I mean look at what he said 2.1 for the behold2 ha that's laughable almost as funny as saying tmo gets iPhone in august! I feel sorry for those of you that actually believed it but why would you have? Sammy told you straight up...NO 2.1 FOR BEHOLD 2!

Upvote 0
Just as an aside.... No Phones Left Behind could very easilly mean "They'll all get at least (or at most) one OS update from their intial release"

In which 1.6 would "cover" it.

Legalese is a fun sport.

(Not saying this IS the case, just pointing out the possibility)

Let's just look at what the CTO (and not CEO as was previously thought) actually said. He said that the MyTouch 3G will be updated to 2.2 soon. He said that the No Phones Left Behind Pledge "means that users of older devices can get the most up-to-date software" Plus the following future updates: A modified version of the Faves Gallery; The Genius Button application and Full Exchange Support on the MyTouch 3G.

This is what he said. The only question that I have is: Are we Behold 2 owners included in this "No Phones Left Behind Pledge?" I would argue that it is not expressly written that we are the exception. In which case "No Phones Left Behind" would mean exactly what it says.

Perhaps he meant to say, every phone EXCEPT the Behold 2. Btw, I already have Swype. Only question now is does this update fix the Behold 2. But whether it does or doesn't the Behold 2 is...LEFT BEHIND.

Upvote 0
Let's just look at what the CTO (and not CEO as was previously thought) actually said. He said that the MyTouch 3G will be updated to 2.2 soon. He said that the No Phones Left Behind Pledge "means that users of older devices can get the most up-to-date software" Plus the following future updates: A modified version of the Faves Gallery; The Genius Button application and Full Exchange Support on the MyTouch 3G.

This is what he said. The only question that I have is: Are we Behold 2 owners included in this "No Phones Left Behind Pledge?" I would argue that it is not expressly written that we are the exception. In which case "No Phones Left Behind" would mean exactly what it says.

We wait.

The battle is over NowVoyager, The Behold II is the red headed step child left outside in the car while everybody else is at Marble Slab Creamery enjoying their tasty froyo desserts. No phones left behind is just a flakky slogan for TMO to hide behind with out commiting themselves to anything concrete. Behold II getting 1.6 could easily fall under that category and that seems to be the case here. Just chalk this one up as a loss and move on to a more satisfying handset before it's too late.

Reactions: spiz
Upvote 0
The battle is over NowVoyager, The Behold II is the red headed step child left outside in the car while everybody else is at Marble Slab Creamery enjoying their tasty froyo desserts. No phones left behind is just a flakky slogan for TMO to hide behind with out commiting themselves to anything concrete. Behold II getting 1.6 could easily fall under that category and that seems to be the case here. Just chalk this one up as a loss and move on to a more satisfying handset before it's too late.

Thanks Shawn! You've been here from the beginning!!!

Thanks to BH_Man who tried to make this phone do what it was designed to do even though it was hopelessly crippled from within.

And to all the Behold 2 owners who stuck with this phone hoping that we would be treated fairly...ditch this POS as they have done us.

Samsux. Makers of beautiful paper weights. Betcha can't wait to get one, huh?

Peace out

Upvote 0
No it doesn't do anything for BH2 owners.

On the other hand, I will be purchasing the Galaxy S. It will be TMobile's best phone, and since forking up $200 to get out of the contract seems silly right now, I'll spend that money on their best phone.

But it is nice to know that the devs should be able to have some fun with it.

Upvote 0
No it doesn't do anything for BH2 owners.

On the other hand, I will be purchasing the Galaxy S. It will be TMobile's best phone, and since forking up $200 to get out of the contract seems silly right now, I'll spend that money on their best phone.

But it is nice to know that the devs should be able to have some fun with it.

I understand your plight but fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I have a very hard time believing the Galaxy S will live up to the hype, and with Samsung's finnicky support you might just find yourself in this same boat later on down the line when everybody else is moving on to gingerbread. Until Samsung strips away the gimmickry that is touchwiz, their phones will never truly be free to upgrade and/or customize.

Upvote 0
I understand your plight but fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I have a very hard time believing the Galaxy S will live up to the hype, and with Samsung's finnicky support you might just find yourself in this same boat later on down the line when everybody else is moving on to gingerbread. Until Samsung strips away the gimmickry that is touchwiz, their phones will never truly be free to upgrade and/or customize.

Samsung will be Samsung no matter what the hype. Samsung sells phones. That does NOT equal after purchase support as we have seen.

If the phones are disposable in six months then contracts should be disposable too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones