Update to 2.13.707.2

Last Updated:

1. seankaiser11

seankaiser11 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi! i am a singapore user of HTC Desire. I just updated my software to 2.13.707.2

anyone here have problems after the update?

one tiny problem is with handcent. when there is a new sms, it usually will indicate the number of new sms on the handcent icon. but now after the update the number is hidden behind the icon. a bit strange.

Advertisement
  2. Archphoto

Archphoto Well-Known Member

Mine seems to be hanging when I use mobile internet, slower when starting up from being off and problems with the Google search app - last window scrolling right. Won't allow me to tap the search box and type - I have to physically press the search button.

No amount of restarts has improved this - a real pain.

I'm interested in others experience as well. :)

3. firesushi

firesushi New Member

Just updated to 2.13.707.2

Singapore user. Didnt met any problem so far. Market, Google search are by far ok. But, question is what is the difference from previous release? I didnt find anything new thou.

4. victorsg

victorsg New Member

i am also a singaporean using htc desire.. i yet to update mine.. is it worth updating? cos i rooted mine desire.. is a pain to unroot it.. so any advice?

5. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

You will have issues with the OTA so don't even bother. To unroot, get the RUU and flash it to your phone. You will lose all data but you'll be up-to-date. There is only 1 RUU, though:

Shipped ROMs

6. Jumbeaux

Jumbeaux Active Member

Malaysian user. Got the update today. Didn't see anything different. Phone feels a bit snappier though. Hope they fixed the htc sync problem.

P.S finally enjoying stock android keyboard. Hated the Htc one as its black on white.

7. victorsg

victorsg New Member

i am prepared to lose all the data... but is this update worth me going thru the process of unrooting and updating to the new firmware?..

anyway is htc desire going to have android gingerbread support?

8. genedata2

genedata2 Member

that's because after the update, all our widgets are duplicated on top of the existing ones! try delete one and you'll immediately see another one behind it. weird

9. aabangia

aabangia Member

hey.. user from India.. after the update apps on sd card dont get updated.. they get downloaded.. but when the installation starts it says "Unknown Error - 18".. but when i move them back to the phone they get updated.. any one else facing the same problem? if yes then can any one help with a solution?

10. aabangia

aabangia Member

actually my version is 2.13.720.2.. but still if any help found will be appreciated.. thank u..

11. radical rat

radical rat Member

How I'm from sg, I would like to know how you are able to have a new update for your desire? I tried to check for software update for almost 1 hr but it still show checking status. I tried to check on the dhd and said software up to date but the number is still .1