1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Update to Bloo Facebook app...Works GREAT!

Last Updated:

1. mikespe

mikespe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just saw in the Market that Bloo which is the free Facebook app you can get had been updated. I have to say it works VERY nice. I will admit I never used it before today but so far it runs very smooth. A little slow to update photos in threads but overall a very enjoyable app to use! Its at least worth trying out to compare it to the stock FB app!

Advertisement
  2. writhum

writhum Well-Known Member

3. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

I've seen it around a few times now, but I'm curious as to what you guys like over the official app?

4. writhum

writhum Well-Known Member

The biggest thing for me is notifications. With the native facebook app, it only refreshes every 30 minutes, and I've never gotten notifications to actually work. You can set bloo up to check for updates every 1,2,etc minutes.

It also has a much better interface, and has features that the native app can't touch (such as photo scrolling, and a much better streaming engine).

5. mikespe

Yea I haven't played with it much but overall it seems like it will be the Facebook app of choice...at least for FB power users lol!

The only "problem" I have with it is that it takes a while to refresh photos compared to the stock app. But I like it a lot!

6. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

The Dev has put up a FREE beta of Bloo 1.4 for those who would lie to test it :)

7. mikespe

I wonder if that's the version I got? It was under the "Just In" tab in the Market..

8. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

likely as thats where I got it from :p

9. mikespe

Seems like there is a problem with Facebook right now. Can't log on on the computer or on my phone....

10. dakoop

dakoop Well-Known Member

i see no free bloo?

11. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Looks like its been taken down from the market. I'd check again at a later date to see if its back up.

12. dakoop

dakoop Well-Known Member

I found the original and just searched for other stuff from him and found it. I wish it had a widget though :(

13. dnkoutso

dnkoutso New Member

Hi there, I am the dev behind Bloo. I took it down since Facebook is down to protect the new installs.

14. dakoop

dakoop Well-Known Member

It is working for me.

Any chance of a widget?

15. dnkoutso

dnkoutso New Member

Absolutely. Once 1.4 stabilizes and I fix more bugs then I will add the widget and one more thing I can't say yet :)

16. mikespe

So if we have the Beta installed what should we do? Can we keep using it (If FB ever gets online again!) or should we uninstall it?

17. dnkoutso

dnkoutso New Member

Of course keep it!

It will come back for everyone else when Facebook fixes their problems!

An update should be out tonight as well.

18. mikespe

Cool! Now that's how you get sales! Support your product and communicate! Thanks!

19. dnkoutso

dnkoutso New Member

Version 1.4.1 uploaded and its on the market now. Facebook is back to normal!

Enjoy and I am looking forward to your comments.

20. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Thanks dnkoutso. Really impressed so far with this app over the official facebook for android. That app left me feeling constrained, this one lets me free on facebook, cheers.

21. mikespe

Thank you dnkoutso! You really did a great job with this app! It has everything except the chat...which I am sure you have already thought about! The update has helped to speed up the refresh time as well as picture downloads.

One question though...I noticed when I first started using it it asks for me to give permission like any Facebook app does on the computer version of FB. How much of that information do YOU get to see? I never really understood those applications and what information is actually collected and does a person actually see the information. I ask this because I clicked on the Inbox and it asked for permission again. I was reluctant with that part until I found out what was transmitted.

Thanks again! Bloo is WONDERFUL as a Beta and as a paid app it will be well worth it!!!!

22. mikespe

dnkoutso one potential bug on the Moto Droid...when I slide open the keyboard and go to landscape mode all works well. But when I close the keyboard and go back to portrait mode Bloo refreshes and doesn't always have the newest posts showing. I have to hit the refresh button to bring it up to date...

23. itsmoirob

itsmoirob Well-Known Member

I have to say I found Bloo quite ugly. It might be feature packed but I havent a clue where I am going or where to look for anything?

No offence to the dev, I'm sure he/she/they have put a lot of blood and sweat in to it but it's not for me.

Most of the time I just want a clean and simple list of the whats on my wall which the official Facebook app does. Granted it lacks all the features of Bloo, but it what it does do, it does very well and simple and it does just the amount I want it to do. Post/comment on wall posts.

24. dakoop

dakoop Well-Known Member

Is there a way to filter out the bs posts? I don't care that billy bought a cow in farmville.

25. mat

mat Well-Known Member

Bloo is a really nice application, but over the past 7 days I've been testing it I've had problems with it randomly stopping working or not updating properly.