• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Update to FROYO without Kies?

elv73

Lurker
Nov 12, 2010
Hi all,

Having just purchased my first smart phone last week (Galaxy S) I am having a complete nightmare updating to FROYO with Kies.

I know this has been done to death on this and various other forums but is there any possible way to upgrade the firmware without Kies as ive been trying for 3 nights now but absolutely nothing works to get my phone to connect to Kies :mad:

I have tried every tip and suggestion from this and other forums and all result in my phone telling me its connected but Kies on my PC just spinning away saying trying to connect.

I can connect to my PC in Mass storage mode and transfer files no problem but Kies is just a complete nightmare.

Over the short period of time ive had the phone I think its a fantastic piece of kit and am still learning about all that it can do but am getting seriously frustrated by not being able to do what should be a simple task!:(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones