• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help update to lollipop missed (no download mode/fastboot commands not work)!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/general/lg-g2-unbrickable-fix-real-hard-brick-t2904404

^^That thread explains the vast majority of it. He links a video but it's not totally ideal because it's goal is removing the entire motherboard and you don't need to do that. It does however give you a good idea of how to ACCESS the motherboard (see my edit below for details on that). To short the capacitors on the mobo, it can stay in the phone. I can help you on freenode IRC, channel #lg-irc if you want. Instant chat is highly advantageous for doing this. You'll need to get your back cover removed and have a phillips screwdriver that's small enough to remove the little screws in there. If you have that, you're pretty much set to undertake the project. It essentially requires a jeweler's screwdriver set, or one helluva small phillips head screwdriver. If you DO have a jeweler's screwdriver set but it doesn't contain a small enough phillips driver, you can substitute a 3/64" flat blade screwdriver instead. Many of the rinky dink sets (mine included) don't provide a small enough phillips to do the job.

edit:
in that video he links, you need to stop at the 3:12 mark. Everything after that doesn't apply. You'll see he didn't show the step to remove the copper colored ribbon cables that go up either side of the phone. Basically, there are 2 ribbon cable connectors for those which you can pry up to disconnect, then you can pull them back like he did at the 3:12 mark. Then you can see on either side of the power/volume buttons there is some sticky looking brownish tape. You need to pry that whole arrangement upward (both brown tape areas and the power/volume buttons). It's sticky, go slow. Once you have that removed, you'll reveal the motherboard. Then go back to the xda thread to see how to short the capacitors.
hey I have the same problem with my lg g2 D802 32gb, after step 9 will fastboot commands work to flash img

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones