update without moving apps??Support

Last Updated: 2011-06-17 17:47:10
  1. BIATCH

BIATCH New Member

Hi
    New to this forum n hope u can help..:confused:...i am big fan of android (on 4th android moby and now have galaxyS) how can i do an update without having to re-put all apps etc bak onto home page/screens? everytime i update i have to spend ages putting everything bak on pages ie. facebook, picture frame, twitter apps in fact anything that is on it. real boring having to start with reset home pages. never had this with old mobys.....HELP plz lol :)

Advertisement
  2. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Well-Known Member

I am not sure with the default launcher, but most third-party launchers have a "back-up settings" feature. My homescreens are always backed up, I also take forever setting widgets and icons and themes up just so.
    BIATCH likes this.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

welcome to Android Forums!

Are you using the official updates or are you flashing custom roms? As far as I recall the official updates did not wipe your phone, so your apps and settings should remain intact.
    BIATCH likes this.
  4. BIATCH

BIATCH New Member

hi - thanx for reply - im updating via kies suite thingy on laptop. have one(update) keeps popping up saying update available but wont do it cos of ball ache it causes. so yeah as far as im aware im using right way??!
    apps all stay in apps section but everything (widgets, apps iv placed there) on desktop as such resests bak into apps. i have a friend using another android samsung (appollo?) (on my recomendation!) who is frustrated n avoiding updates cos of same problems. i know we both women but we not THAT bad that we both doin it wrong surely??!!! hahaha
  5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If you are using a custom launcher, the update my make touchwiz the default launcher making it seem like everything reverts. If you reinstall the custom launcher like LauncherPro or Go, your stuff should reappear.

Kies must be run as an administrator to update the phone, if you are Windows 7 or Vista.