Update

Last Updated:

1. bck9900

bck9900 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So what did this update do? I did notice a better representation of the wifi signal but beyond that?

Advertisement
  2. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

/facepalm.

You should try looking around before posting, there's even a sticky that talks about the update.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    HTC EVO 4G Software version 1.47.651.1

Update includes:
    • Improvements to Wi-Fi performance
    • Exchange Active Sync improvements, including fix to issues with new account setup, PIN policy usage and Exchange Calendar 2010 Sync
    • Addresses Facebook sync issue which can improve battery performance
    Download Timing:
    • Customers will be notified that an update is available. The download will take a couple minutes (depending on the device connection) and the install will take a couple minutes which includes an automatic power cycle. Download will take a couple minutes if in 3g coverage.
    • HTC servers will push the OTA update on a daily basis.
    • FOTA server will check for old software version and prompt once a day on units without the latest firmware until customer accepts.

WARNING - Rooted Devices:
    • Most likely rooted devices will not accept or even receive the update which is expected and why roots void warranty.

3. bck9900

bck9900 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Actually tried searching but since the search engine won't allow me to limit it to one subforum I got too many results to filter through. Thanks though for your post.