• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I didn't have the update on CM7 or CTMod 3.1.2. As soon as I put CTMod 2.5 on my phone it popped up to install. I tried to install, it got about halfway, then there was an exclamation mark in a triangle over the androids head. I was able to boot my phone up just fine after it froze. It said it was a security update. To answer your question, kevincott, I don't know but it doesn't seem to do any good at all.

Upvote 0
ive got CT MOD 2.4- its been a month +/- sinice the root.
been waiting for an update..read this thread, so im going to look for the update to CTMOD 2.4

the Pop-up about the update started last week.
i tried the "move the update file somewhere else" trick...no go.

so im going to try the update from my current 2.4 to the 3+

Upvote 0
I've heard that they have even came out with a fix for the update because it was bricking so many phones .

I'm with you Red , I'm not gonna touch the update until it has been fixed and tested . I Odined the rooted version and my signal (3g and radio) went from sugar 2 shit . I'm running EJ06 and happy at the moment . :D

Upvote 0
ive got CT MOD 2.4- its been a month +/- sinice the root.
been waiting for an update..read this thread, so im going to look for the update to CTMOD 2.4

the Pop-up about the update started last week.
i tried the "move the update file somewhere else" trick...no go.

so im going to try the update from my current 2.4 to the 3+
went from a 2.5 to a 3.1 and it wasnt installing apps.
im trying to work this out with blood. xP

Upvote 0
Cyberapps posted a link I had not found. Supposed updates via Samsung website (I am still skeptical with new root issues):

Security updates
Wi-Fi fixes
GPS fixes
MMS downloading fixes
URL added for Call Balance, Call ReBoost, and My Account
Zone is added as a preload

Can I get some confirmation on positive member experience on Gingerbread 2.3.6 (FA19)?

I have ignored the update so far.

Reactions: cyberapps
Upvote 0
Cyberapps posted a link I had not found. Supposed updates via Samsung website (I am still skeptical with new root issues):

Security updates
Wi-Fi fixes
GPS fixes
MMS downloading fixes
URL added for Call Balance, Call ReBoost, and My Account
Zone is added as a preload

Can I get some confirmation on positive member experience on Gingerbread 2.3.6 (FA19)?

I have ignored the update so far.

Ignored that update matter infact skip it and want for the new one 2.3.7 FA20 Gingerbread. That what samsung told me today. I guess there going to be a fix for the wallpaper so it well pan again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones