1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

UpdateSupport

1. ffamole99

ffamole99 Member

either Samsung or Boost Mobile pushed an update to my phone... I downloaded it and did not notice any difference or changes... anyone want to help shed some light on this for me thanks.

Advertisement
  2. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

You might want to give the guys a little more info like what ROM you're running and such.
  3. ffamole99

ffamole99 Member

Android Ver: 2.3..6

Baseband Ver. S:M820.07 X.FF19

Kernel Ver: 2.6.35.7

Build number
    Gingerbread.FF19

Hardware Ver:
    M820.07

Is this what your looking for...
    wetbiker7 likes this.
  4. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

It looks like your modem was updated. FF19 is new I think. I may be wrong because I'm not using a Prevail any longer but I'm pretty sure that's what's up.:D
  5. exgenmeikoj

exgenmeikoj Well-Known Member

No its new fa19 was the latest I wonder would this block root? Or will it shed some.light.on devs as far as compatibility
  6. Khorosho

Khorosho Member

Yes i received the same thing. However I am rooted and I already know that I can't install update. But with the latest tower troubles in Toledo, I am curious if this update would improve service. If so, how might i go about updating....

I am currently running
    Android 2.3.6
    Baseband FE16
    Kernel 2.6.35.7
  7. was using the rooted FE16 rom, got this update and figured wtf and installed it. didnt break root, and no obvious changes.

*shrug*
  8. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter! Moderator

I haven't gotten this yet
  9. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

Anyone that has the update, please snag it and upload it.
    It should be in /cache (in downloads folder, i believe)
  10. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

If Nobody gets it for you, i'm still on 3.6 with the updates disabled my way. I'll turn back off and see if updates show up and get it. May work and may not, we'll see.
  11. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

Nothing is currently listed as official.

SAMSUNG

edit: I seem to get updates 7-10 days after others. I guess I am OK with this as I learn to/not allow while waiting.
  12. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Well-Known Member

Agreed snag and upload.
  13. Khorosho

Khorosho Member

First, i looked for this update all over on my SD card and internal file system. to no avail. my phone keeps asking for me to update but everytime i try the phone reboots and gives me a yellow triangle with an '!' in the middle. and freezes. maybe someone can help me out with that.

other than that i found this on samsungs website.....

14. The~Skater~187

if you use a root file explorer it will be in the /cache directory. It will be,labeled update.(blah blah something).zip
  15. cvic

cvic Well-Known Member Contributor

I just got the notification this morning after flashing back to stock FE16 and I was like wtf ... Not again! Im gonna see what happens and get the update files here in a minute

and it did work, or so i thought at first...

i got the triangle with the exclamation point and the droid graphic, pulled my battery, then put it back and plugged into my pc to go and reflash my prevail. it randomly booted up, and its working, but not updated? wtf?

and root is gone... so dont do the ota update!
  16. monticello

monticello Well-Known Member

I am on CTMOD 2.5 and i edited my build prop to FE16,will i get this update? I hope it makes a positive improvement.Maybe one of the prevail veterans can sum this up (yea or nay) Thank u for your expertise.
  17. The~Skater~187

No one managed to snag that update yet?
  18. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

right before blood came up with 3.6 i disabled getting any updates myself on 3.6, which still ruunning. now i can't ever get any unless i flash back to before all that. just wanted to wait and see if anyone else gets it sometime soon. i was always one of the last to get any updates anyways.
  19. cvic

For some reason now that im back to stock FE16 unrooted, the damned notification wont pop up, and i cant make it start in the system update menu on the phone... but with FE16 rooted it was bugging me all day every time i unlocked my phone.
  20. cvic

I got it... Hopefully it actually downloaded properly. FF19 update attached. I had to go back to stock rooted, attempt to update, fail at it lol then flash again to stock rooted, and install es file explorer to get it..

Attached Files:

Wizard59, irishobo, wyelkins and 2 others like this.
  21. The~Skater~187

Thanks. Downloading now.
    wyelkins likes this.
  22. cvic

wow... i feel great to have made a contribution! for real man i feel really good lol Long Live PREVAIL haha
  23. wyelkins

wyelkins Well-Known Member

Anybody had a chance to look at this yet. Is it worth posting the baseband on the Odin thread yet?
  24. the update did not install. I got the notification again yesterday.

my guess is that this update will, among other things, change teh google search behavior in response to a recently announced court ruling in a case brought by apple.
  25. Chris T

Chris T Active Member

Same here, I was receiving a system update notice. I'm rooted with FE16 and have link2sd installed. Decided what the heck, worst case scenerio is I will have to reinstall some apps and reroot phone.

Well,.................. Nothing happened. Said my system is currently up to date

Was expecting something to happen. But at least I got rid of the notification. :)