Last Updated:

CARLOSWII5 Well-Known Member

Hey guys do you believe we will be getting an update for this phone? If not so i can start preparing my PC to start building from CM because honestly im tired of this stock rom....

2. Sharkhunter45

Sharkhunter45 Well-Known Member

I would hope so, I mean this phone is fairly new, only from July. If it doesn't, I'm gonna feel ripped off because I thought I bought a NEW phone, not an outdated phone a week after it came out for VM.
  3. portezbie

portezbie Well-Known Member

I hope it does too, but honestly I doubt it. Virgin Mobile almost never updates their phones.
  4. jamstewonline

jamstewonline Well-Known Member

I think there is a slight chance of getting an update once they add a phone or two to there line up that has a newer os version. But that being said they would like to sell more phones so of course if you want update then you need to upgrade. Sad i know but welcome to the world of enterprise and where profit making is the only rule.
  5. phillyundead

phillyundead Well-Known Member

I highly doubt it. I haven't seen metro update a phone ever and T-Mobile said they're no going to for their f3. It's an entry level device. I'd be shocked if they did.

CARLOSWII5 Well-Known Member

So ubuntu touch it is....
  7. elgecko

elgecko Well-Known Member

Been with VM for a few years now. Wouldn't expect any update.

Technology is always advancing, phones, computers, TV, etc, etc. As soon as you buy any electronic device, it's outdated....

Very happy with this phone and the stock ROM, but if anyone wants to work on any, I'll always take a look...
  8. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Well-Known Member

I don't see anything wrong with 4.1.2 and the optimus skin. The newer versions of android don't add much. The F3 is fast and stable for a budget phone. 2nd-Init recovery was just released too, for those looking to port ROMs over.

The only way to have all the updates is to get a nexus device. Or at least get the latest high end device, you may get an update or two. Its just one of the draw backs to getting a budget device on a prepaid carrier.
  9. jjrx3

jjrx3 Well-Known Member

i highly doubt it. I waited a year for MetroPCS to update the LG Connect to ICS/JB but it never happened..

if you can build cm then please do it !:)
  10. millar43068

millar43068 Well-Known Member

I got an epic 4g touch (sg2 variant) through virgin last black friday and the jelly bean update to 4.1.2 came out like a week later and maybe 2 months later they pushed out an update to it for me, so maybe thats all changing and we might get it
  11. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Well-Known Member

Samsung has been doing pretty good releasing some updates recently, virgin isn't doing it. I cant rember the last time virgon released an ota full OS update, maybe the intercept from 2.1 to 2.2. I'm not talking about the small security or radio patches.