• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
All I'm getting is server timeouts. I've been trying to force an OTA update for the last 24-48 hours and I'm getting nothing. Even the desktop app refuses to open due to server comms failure.

LGOTA.PNG

My broadband connection is fine for everything else so it looks likes LG's servers are borked.

Upvote 0
Well I rebooted my router, just on the off chance, and coincidence or not I am now downloading a 1519.33MB update via the desktop software. No idea what it contains, but fingers crossed it doesn't screw anything up. Other reports I've seen have only mentioned a 117MB OTA update.

LGGPADUPDATE.PNG

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
The update is 4.2.2 version V50010b, so not KitKat - just a tweak to the original ROM. I can't explain the huge size other than to assume the download was for the entire ROM rather than just the updates. Maybe the OTA update is just as effective, but more data friendly. I suggest going for OTA if possible.

The only benefit I've noticed is that the terribly uneven lighting at lowest brightness settings has vanished. It's a nice benefit to have. I have no idea what else might have been fixed/improved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones