UpdateGeneral

1. Brian566

Brian566 Well-Known Member

New update today in UK both appear to be LG
    One is a new application called drive and appears to be like a cloud based organiser.
    The other must be a LG apps
    Also just seen weather widget temp is now red !

No Kit Kat :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. tdodd

tdodd Well-Known Member

All I'm getting is server timeouts. I've been trying to force an OTA update for the last 24-48 hours and I'm getting nothing. Even the desktop app refuses to open due to server comms failure.

[​IMG]

My broadband connection is fine for everything else so it looks likes LG's servers are borked.
  3. tdodd

tdodd Well-Known Member

Well I rebooted my router, just on the off chance, and coincidence or not I am now downloading a 1519.33MB update via the desktop software. No idea what it contains, but fingers crossed it doesn't screw anything up. Other reports I've seen have only mentioned a 117MB OTA update.

[​IMG]
    KOLIO likes this.
  4. tdodd

tdodd Well-Known Member

The update is 4.2.2 version V50010b, so not KitKat - just a tweak to the original ROM. I can't explain the huge size other than to assume the download was for the entire ROM rather than just the updates. Maybe the OTA update is just as effective, but more data friendly. I suggest going for OTA if possible.

The only benefit I've noticed is that the terribly uneven lighting at lowest brightness settings has vanished. It's a nice benefit to have. I have no idea what else might have been fixed/improved.
  5. techrider62

techrider62 Well-Known Member

I had a update last night but i'm still on the v50010a