• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root update_Calkulin's_Moment_2.1_ROM_v1.4a.zip

It's kind of nice in that it does a lot of little things like remove some of the stock apps, apply a nice theme with a transparent notification area, etc. But last time I installed Calkulin's ROM it wiped my data which was kind of annoying. Having to reinstall and reconfigure everything is frustrating.

It's nice as a starter kit but I'm now discovering that I'd rather apply a more standard ROM and take care of theming and removing certain stock apps myself.

EDIT: Okay so it doesn't reformat the phone anymore. Might be worth a shot in that case. But right now I have things set up pretty nicely. Just switched from Helix Launcher to Launcher Pro Beta, which is much faster and smoother.

Reactions: JPD
Upvote 0
Yes. What you'll need to do is first put SDX Recovery on the phone using the Sprint Update Utility, and then use the recovery mode to install the root and then the ROM.

As an added wrinkle, the new Sprint Update Utility (the one that came with 2.1) is programmed to not work with anything that isn't the official 2.1 update. There are workarounds on SDX, though... you can reinstall the old utility or hack the new one.

Upvote 0
It's kind of nice in that it does a lot of little things like remove some of the stock apps, apply a nice theme with a transparent notification area, etc. But last time I installed Calkulin's ROM it wiped my data which was kind of annoying. Having to reinstall and reconfigure everything is frustrating.

It's nice as a starter kit but I'm now discovering that I'd rather apply a more standard ROM and take care of theming and removing certain stock apps myself.

EDIT: Okay so it doesn't reformat the phone anymore. Might be worth a shot in that case. But right now I have things set up pretty nicely. Just switched from Helix Launcher to Launcher Pro Beta, which is much faster and smoother.

Are you able to get m900 wireless tether to work with launcher pro?
Because I agree that launcher pro is much better and has many more options even on the free version

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones