• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UPDATED! 12/01/2012 BETA 4] Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich by mikegapinski

i've just updated to beta 4 from the XDA site and ICS looks good! :D but having a problem viewing my files on my sd card thru Astro manager it says Directory is empty when i know full well it isn't! anyone got a clue how to get ICS to recognise my sd card? cheers! :thinking:

Should work straight away, did you upgrade from swiftdroid? if so if you have a Titianium backup of swifdroid you can restore root explorer to your system/app directory (will use part of your system partition so make sure its big enough)

Upvote 0
Should work straight away, did you upgrade from swiftdroid? if so if you have a Titianium backup of swifdroid you can restore root explorer to your system/app directory (will use part of your system partition so make sure its big enough)
No i didnt use Titanium back up i just backed up my swiftdroid rom with nandroid back up in recovery :( any other ideas Delsus? I've got a 16gb sd card with about 7gb free, i don't want to format and lose everythying!

Upvote 0
Well the system partition is around 180 MB, you don't want the system partition to be 190 MB cause people have had problems with that. Put the system partition to 200MB, that's what I've done and haven't had problems with it :)

dudeman thanks it works ,but it was so laggy. how can i back from custom rom to stock rom ? do i need also to repartition my system ?

Upvote 0
Well the system partition is around 180 MB, you don't want the system partition to be 190 MB cause people have had problems with that. Put the system partition to 200MB, that's what I've done and haven't had problems with it :)

Installed beta 4. Looks great and is very sleek. Thanks to Mike.

Set the system partition to 190 MB based on what I read on xda about beta 4 but am having the following issues:

1. Bluetooth headset not working
2. system is laggy - touchscreen not very responsive, take several taps to open apps but inconsistent
3. UMS droid problem - pops on and off - difficulty charging phone

Appreciate any advice to remedy my situation. Will try to increase system to 200MB and hope for the best.

dr_ot

Upvote 0
Stupid question, but before I start a new thread I was wondering if this rom would work on my Optimus V. I know, this is in the Gt540 thread, but I'm new to all of this and I am just curious about flashing another rom. Right now I'm on cyanogenmod7 which has been awesome. Looking for other options. Thanks everyone.

ilovefarts

Nah it won't work. Mainly because of CPU issues, the specs might seem the same; but they're not. Sorry! :)

Upvote 0
Dudeman:
1)I'm installing from 2.3.7 so I need to wipe my data right? Please tell me how to do this.
2) Some people have mentioned "adb" and I was wondering what it was and how do I get it?
3)Some people mentioned that I need to "partition" my phone to 200MB in order for it to not get stuck at boot. Please also explain exactly how I do this.

Sorry if I seem like a total noob XD

Upvote 0
Dudeman:
1)I'm installing from 2.3.7 so I need to wipe my data right? Please tell me how to do this.
2) Some people have mentioned "adb" and I was wondering what it was and how do I get it?
3)Some people mentioned that I need to "partition" my phone to 200MB in order for it to not get stuck at boot. Please also explain exactly how I do this.

Sorry if I seem like a total noob XD

1) Yeah you do, back up your data, then boot into recovery and choose the wipe data option

2) Adb stands for Android Debug Bridge, it's how your PC can communicate with your phone. You won't need it

3) If you've never messed with the partitions on the phone, you don't need to do anything. Just install ICS and you'll be fine :)

Reactions: DanLikesPhones
Upvote 0
I'm still having problems with ICS recognizing my sd card it says it's a blank or unsupported file type! i backed up my last rom with nandroid and may go back to it if i can't get this solved! my sd card isn't showing up on my laptop either when i plug in the usb cable. Eveything worked fine in swiftdroid 2.3.5. Please help i don't want to format the card got too much on it worth keeping!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones