Updated[13.2.12] Discuss all Samsung Galaxy S III rumors/release date/speculation/newsGeneral

1. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Definitely looking to be the phone my guy was talking about last month.

Still trying to get more out of him but he is being stingy with info right now...
  2. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

A removable 4000mAh battery would be awesome.

Non-removable battery and non-expandable memory is a terrible concept, it's like they want you to suffer or something, as part of some oppressive new world order :mad:
    jjeff444 likes this.
  3. xtop

xtop Well-Known Member

4. jackdubl

jackdubl Well-Known Member

I love these posts. You do realize these "rumors" and "leaks" are all part of a viral marketing campaign, right? This is called free advertising. Leaking specs, starting rumors, getting us all in a frenzy over their next product so that we practically can't wait for the store to open on release day. My advice is to stop waiting anxiously for an announcement; it only leads to disappointment. I guarantee there will be a minimum of five phony release date rumors before you get a chance to buy.
  5. bne

bne Member

The main reason a lot of these sites come out with this stuff is purely for hits. Think about it.. If the rumor looks legit enough every tech blog and forum on the planet will be reposting the story which converts to hits and advertising revenue for the guy who owns the site.

As for getting excited about new phones well .. I'm a geek I can't help it .. but your right .. patience is a virtue in these matters.
  6. jackdubl

jackdubl Well-Known Member

I'll bet there is some department within each of these phone companies responsible for leaking "rumors" of all kinds. There is no doubt about it, actually.
  7. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Well-Known Member

Agreed - I cannot see anything positive about this concept. Literally nothing. I like the fact if my battery begins to die I can swap it out for a new one. And I like that I can choose how much memory I can have in my phone and not be restricted into paying a substantial sum more to buy the phone with more memory "Just in case".
    jjeff444 likes this.
  8. jjeff444

jjeff444 Active Member

i've said it a hundred times....whats the point of having an awesome phone if you run out of battery life. i like to be able to open my phone and swap the battery when i'm not around an outlet all day.

also, like the galaxy nexus, you can buy an extended battery as an option. a non removable battery phone is stuck with its battery. just ask any original razr owner how they feel about their battery.

i've noticed a trend by manufacturers (sony, motorola & htc) of making flagship phones with non removable batteries to make there phones as thin as possible. this trend is idiotic imo. i dont want a phone thats as thin as a credit card, i want a phone that is useful to me.

unfortunately the phone makers see apple selling all those phones, so they also want to make sleek thin phones with non removable batteries. :mad:

the thing is, the iphone has a 3.5 screen so of course the battery life is good. on a 4.6 inch hd screen, you better have a 3000+ mAh battery in there or at least give me the option to swap out batteries if needed.
  9. darkestred

darkestred Well-Known Member

You give the iphone way too much credit. Battery life is onpar with most current android phones.
  10. xtop

xtop Well-Known Member

its been quite awhile since we've heard any rumors. wonder what's going on
  11. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Maybe its the calm before the storm. I'm hoping they announce this thing already.
  12. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

Medias all seem to be busy reviewing HTC One X/S now as they got new HTC toys to play with. It seems like very decent phones with good overall performance, but I'm still not fan of Sense UI and fixed 1800mAh battery is big minus for me. Anyway it's HTC time now, but hoping to see GSIII blowing it away soon.
  13. Wontfinishlast

Wontfinishlast Well-Known Member

Same here. I wonder what would be the better marketing move... Announcing the gs3 to steal the show from htc or wait till the hype had somewhat faded so the gs3 has the complete spotlight? I would think sooner is better when contracts are involved.
  14. alexander323bc

alexander323bc Well-Known Member

I just hope it comes to verizon soon. I will be so mad if I get the nexus and the a month later the s3 comes out.
  15. zanza

zanza Well-Known Member

dont get the nexus
  16. bne

bne Member

I agree .. the nexus is nice but already an outdated phone.
    zanza likes this.
  17. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

Already?

It was an outdated POS before it ever came out with its weak hardware specs & cheesy plastic non premium materials... oh, but it had ICS... woopie

Suckers!!!
    zanza likes this.
  18. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

So far all he is telling me is middle of year release.

Should see him Thursday so I will try and squeeze more out of him
    jerofld likes this.
  19. bne

bne Member

It will really really suck if we have to wait till the middle of the year.
  20. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Can you find out if its going to be a global launch or is the U.S. going to have to wait like always?
  21. alexander323bc

Nexus is a backup of my droid tanks before the S3 comes out. I liked a little more than the razr max
  22. alexander323bc

So no S3 until all carriers offer Ice-cream for the S2.
  23. Wontfinishlast

Wontfinishlast Well-Known Member

Great, hello august release. :banghead:
  24. alexander323bc

That's how I feel. I read an article saying Samsung will not release the s3 until all carries offer the latest OS for the S2.
  25. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I find that hard to believe. You have a link to that article.