• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Updated[13.2.12] Discuss all Samsung Galaxy S III rumors/release date/speculation/news

Samsung GT-I9300 said to be mid-range but packing dual cores, could launch in May

So if this report is correct, GT-I9300 is not GSIII and just another mid range variant of GSII (possibly SGSII plus). I guess that 1.4Ghz Exynos is probably 4212 they started sampling late last year.

If this one coming soon is being called mid range phone with dual A9 Exynos, HD screen, ICS, it's good sign that SGSIII won't be disappointing hardware wise.

Definitely looking to be the phone my guy was talking about last month.

Still trying to get more out of him but he is being stingy with info right now...

Upvote 0
here's some 4212 bench's

MagicLAB MagicLEGO4x12 - OpenGL ES performance and system information

and just in case it gets pulled like the i9300 benchmark did

5PBZt.png

makes you wonder what the 4412 is capable of :cool:

Upvote 0
Like many others I am getting seriously tired of waiting for the to announce this damn thing. I mean I know its a big deal and they have to get it right but come on .. all the rumors and crap .. its getting old.

I might just end up getting an HTC One X if this keeps up. ( kidding )
I love these posts. You do realize these "rumors" and "leaks" are all part of a viral marketing campaign, right? This is called free advertising. Leaking specs, starting rumors, getting us all in a frenzy over their next product so that we practically can't wait for the store to open on release day. My advice is to stop waiting anxiously for an announcement; it only leads to disappointment. I guarantee there will be a minimum of five phony release date rumors before you get a chance to buy.

Upvote 0
I love these posts. You do realize these "rumors" and "leaks" are all part of a viral marketing campaign, right? This is called free advertising. Leaking specs, starting rumors, getting us all in a frenzy over their next product so that we practically can't wait for the store to open on release day. My advice is to stop waiting anxiously for an announcement; it only leads to disappointment. I guarantee there will be a minimum of five phony release date rumors before you get a chance to buy.

The main reason a lot of these sites come out with this stuff is purely for hits. Think about it.. If the rumor looks legit enough every tech blog and forum on the planet will be reposting the story which converts to hits and advertising revenue for the guy who owns the site.

As for getting excited about new phones well .. I'm a geek I can't help it .. but your right .. patience is a virtue in these matters.

Upvote 0
The main reason a lot of these sites come out with this stuff is purely for hits. Think about it.. If the rumor looks legit enough every tech blog and forum on the planet will be reposting the story which converts to hits and advertising revenue for the guy who owns the site.

As for getting excited about new phones well .. I'm a geek I can't help it .. but your right .. patience is a virtue in these matters.
I'll bet there is some department within each of these phone companies responsible for leaking "rumors" of all kinds. There is no doubt about it, actually.

Upvote 0
A removable 4000mAh battery would be awesome.

Non-removable battery and non-expandable memory is a terrible concept, it's like they want you to suffer or something, as part of some oppressive new world order :mad:

Agreed - I cannot see anything positive about this concept. Literally nothing. I like the fact if my battery begins to die I can swap it out for a new one. And I like that I can choose how much memory I can have in my phone and not be restricted into paying a substantial sum more to buy the phone with more memory "Just in case".

Reactions: jjeff444
Upvote 0
Agreed - I cannot see anything positive about this concept. Literally nothing. I like the fact if my battery begins to die I can swap it out for a new one. And I like that I can choose how much memory I can have in my phone and not be restricted into paying a substantial sum more to buy the phone with more memory "Just in case".

i've said it a hundred times....whats the point of having an awesome phone if you run out of battery life. i like to be able to open my phone and swap the battery when i'm not around an outlet all day.

also, like the galaxy nexus, you can buy an extended battery as an option. a non removable battery phone is stuck with its battery. just ask any original razr owner how they feel about their battery.

i've noticed a trend by manufacturers (sony, motorola & htc) of making flagship phones with non removable batteries to make there phones as thin as possible. this trend is idiotic imo. i dont want a phone thats as thin as a credit card, i want a phone that is useful to me.

unfortunately the phone makers see apple selling all those phones, so they also want to make sleek thin phones with non removable batteries. :mad:

the thing is, the iphone has a 3.5 screen so of course the battery life is good. on a 4.6 inch hd screen, you better have a 3000+ mAh battery in there or at least give me the option to swap out batteries if needed.

Upvote 0
Medias all seem to be busy reviewing HTC One X/S now as they got new HTC toys to play with. It seems like very decent phones with good overall performance, but I'm still not fan of Sense UI and fixed 1800mAh battery is big minus for me. Anyway it's HTC time now, but hoping to see GSIII blowing it away soon.

Same here. I wonder what would be the better marketing move... Announcing the gs3 to steal the show from htc or wait till the hype had somewhat faded so the gs3 has the complete spotlight? I would think sooner is better when contracts are involved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones