• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Updated[13.2.12] Discuss all Samsung Galaxy S III rumors/release date/speculation/news

The rumors around the phone state it will have a ceramic body, that would explain the back looking like ceramic in the photo. But with Verizon's quad-core lte issue I think i might just get the nexus in the next few weeks. The nexus I know I can root :)

ceramic back should look just like the glass back of the iphone. and there is no problem with verizon and quad core. there's no lte with tegra 3 and lte (yet). 2 different things

is there an android device you can't root though? :p lol

or it could be a ceramic finish like the htc one series http://youtu.be/ZPZ7y1EDKvk

Upvote 0
gt-i9300 benchmarks again..

Samsung GT-I9300 - OpenGL ES performance and system information

Ukh4U.png

Upvote 0
Well hopefully if it is quad core, it's not just a doubling up of the Galaxy S2's A9s (or if you prefer to call them 4412s)

I wonder how good the HSPA+ will be? Huawei's 10inch tablet coming soon has theoretical 84mbps, 4x faster than the S2's theoretical 21, you'd hope they'd be close to that?

Upvote 0
LG D1L, a 4.7-inch competitor to the Galaxy S III, expected in May | The Verge

Apparently dissatisfied with its introduction of half a dozen different Android handsets at MWC, LG is said to be preparing a new flagship phone that will aim to do battle with Samsung's upcoming Galaxy S III. Powered by a 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 and filling a 4.7-inch screen with 1280 x 720 pixels, the device codenamed D1L is expected to be LG's first to ship with Ice Cream Sandwich on board. It'll also include LTE, according to DDaily's sources, and should be out in May. An anonymous LG employee has been cited as confirming the company is "developing a phone with a project name D1L," though he or she wouldn't be drawn to confirm any of the details. Either way, it looks like our choice of supersized Android handsets with 720p resolution is only going to expand.

samsung needs to step up soon. we've got this and the one x. there's not a whole lot of brand loyalty like there is with apple. so the longer they wait, the more likely people are to get something else

Reactions: zanza
Upvote 0
Samsung keeps ?Home? button on Galaxy S3 at the last moment, opts for 5 column Note like UX Unwired View

Article says that the S3 will keep a home button like it's previous flagships.
Also going for a 5 column app layout like the note.
When given to carriers for testing the carriers received a black slate prototype with all the proper internals of the S3 so it's actual exterior design hasn't been seen by any of the carriers. They most likely did this with the I-9300 or Galaxy M given its plain black box design.

Upvote 0
Samsung keeps ?Home? button on Galaxy S3 at the last moment, opts for 5 column Note like UX Unwired View

Article says that the S3 will keep a home button like it's previous flagships.
Also going for a 5 column app layout like the note.
When given to carriers for testing the carriers received a black slate prototype with all the proper internals of the S3 so it's actual exterior design hasn't been seen by any of the carriers. They most likely did this with the I-9300 or Galaxy M given its plain black box design.

interesting. so this could have been the s3 then. just..not the s3 we're getting

Upvote 0
They better at least announce it soon. I know a lot of people who will just say screw waiting for something that doesn't technically exist yet and go with the best available right now. Samsung needs to realize they have more competitors than just apple.

Agreed absolutely.
I saw the htc one x today and I have to say it was tempting even thou i have been holding out for the sgs3 for quite a while now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones