1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Updated[13.2.12] Discuss all Samsung Galaxy S III rumors/release date/speculation/newsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

that's true. A15 based Exynos 5250 will pack more punch than A9 quad Exynos. But it will probably be late Q3 or Q4 this year for any device powered by that to come. I guess Samsung will reserve improved version of A15 Exynos for SGS4 early next year.

Also it seems that sammy intends to sell Exynos line of AP to other phone vendors as well. Some Chinese company already made phone with Exynos.

Advertisement
  2. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

BGR reports that it is delayed and will not be revealed next month.
    zanza likes this.
  3. xtop

xtop Well-Known Member

Rumor: Samsung Galaxy S III will not launch at MWC next month | The Verge

ugh. so in other words, we wait until august again. i think i'll upgrade now :rolleyes:

edit: oops, it didn't even come to the us until sept. sighhhh
    zanza likes this.
  4. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

This is just rumor until samsung confirms it officially. Even so, it might mean only delaying the global announcement not actual phone launch for each region.
    zanza likes this.
  5. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I think its a good thing that Samsung is delaying the announcement....if that rumor is true. You recall that there was a long gap between the releases of the international and U.S. versions of the GS2. Maybe they'll have a special event where they will have a announcement for a world wide launch or at least a 1-2 month gap. Plus they might be improving the chip. If this is true....it will be well worth the wait.
    zanza likes this.
  6. jinwons

jinwons Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm fine to wait a bit more if they are trying to put A15 Exynos into it as rumored. A9 to A15 is big step forward in ARM processor, better than quad A9 processors.
    zanza likes this.
  7. solid_s_1117

solid_s_1117 Well-Known Member

8. ledlauzis

ledlauzis New Member

Hopefully the screen wont to larger than Galaxy Nexus 4.65 incher otherwise it will be too large. Of course is so cases it would be great to have this big screen but I prefer active lifestyle and snowboarding with 5inch beast in the pocket could be a bit difficult and dangerous
    More about upcoming Galaxy S III: http://thenextlab.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-launch-event/
  9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I have been able to get very little out of my Sammy friend...

It will be HD
    It will be LTE
    It will be quad core
    It will release before Christmas

Just like the other devices, I will update you guys as I find out more.

I suspect the launch will mostly be affected by what Apple does...I mean there is an OBVIOUS reason of why they have been releasing so many devices back to back prior all prior to the rumored Iphone 5 that should come later this year.

flood the market much?
  10. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

We pretty much assumed those were going to be specs. The Christmas thing is what's getting me thrown off. I know this is coming out way before Christmas.... but does that mean sometime in fall/winter? I sure hope not. I was hoping for a earlier release date this year.....like at least summertime.
  11. jinwons

I think they are watching Apple's move with iPhone5 and trying to release SGSIII as close to it as possible. It makes sense. Why show their big gun way before Apple does? Also they probably want to reduce the gap between global and US launches. I guess it will be late Spring or early Summer announcement.
  12. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Oh yes, the damn fruit phone. If that's the case then there's going to battle in the summertime....if the rumors of the next iphone coming in June are true. My upgrade is on April. But I'm waiting for Galaxy S III no matter what.
  13. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

I think that the first time in my entire life that the word Christmas made me cry.
  14. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I know. i am right there with ya on that one.

All he will give me is "by the end of the year"

Like i said he has been right on the release of the skyrocketing the gs2 the note and the 8. Tab

So far i have had the opportunity to test all of those devices at least a month prior to release
  15. xtop

xtop Well-Known Member

i have to admit, that's going to leave me a little disappointed lol. but all you're doing is rehashing rumors from the last few months, so whatev :)
  16. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

End of the year? Holy crap that's a long wait. Say it ain't so..
  17. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

18. xtop

xtop Well-Known Member

Samsung: Galaxy S III will not launch at MWC | The Verge

19. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Yes, I expected Samsung to have their own special event for such an anticipated phone. Hopefully this will be a worldwide release.
  20. jinwons

Some folks are probably disappointed that Sammy decided to delay SGSIII announcement. But I think this is good move for them. No one likes months of waiting, speculation on exact spec, release date, etc. I'd rather like to see them announce it closer to actual release dates.
  21. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

Hope you guys in the U.S get it for Christmas, I think it will really hurt Samsung if it doesn't happen, I'm sure they know Apple will be ready to start Patent Wars episode XIV to block Christmas sales on the SIII in the U.S, and I hope Samsung has some countermeasure patents to fight the iPhone 5 with, We may possibly see a humungous patent poopstorm later this year, making what we've seen so far look mild.
  22. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

lol..you obviously haven't seen my other posts concerning Sammy releases...or noticed that I was the first one to tell of those "rumors"

;)

Right now all my friend keeps telling me is to pass on the note, and get the sgs3 when it comes out. He won't give me anything else quite yet
  23. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Mr.Ed, can you at least tell us if this will be a worldwide launch? Lol
  24. xtop

xtop Well-Known Member

you're the source of the rumors from november? interesting :cool:
  25. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

You tell me ;)