• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UPDATED 28/12 - NEW INSTALLER] CyanogenMod 7/Android 2.3.4 Is avaliable for GT540!

When the 'Found New Hardware Wizard' appears, select 'Not this time'. Click next. Select 'Install from a list or specific location'. Click Next. Select 'Search for best drivers'. Uncheck 'Search Removable Media' and check 'Include this directory'. Browse to the directory where you had extracted the drivers. Click Next. It should install automatically then. If any problems, please post.

Upvote 0
If someone having problems of Russian profile names, I've a solution
(Caution: You'll lose all your current data, apps, etc. So create a backup first)
1. Open Root Explorer
2. Browse to /system directory. Mount it as R/W
3. Open build.prop file in Text Editor. (Long press on it).
4. Search for the line ro.product.locale.language=ru. Change it to ro.product.locale.language=en. Similarly change ro.product.locale.region=ru to ro.product.locale.region=US (I prefer US).
5. Save the changes.
6. Reboot into Recovery. Select 'Wipe data/factory reset'.
7. Reboot system.
I'm not responsible for any other consequences. Try at your own risk!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help everyone! After inputting U.S. Tmobile APN settings, I was able to use my BB SIM card with the new mod. I have read that I need a different data plan using an android phone with my old bb plan. So far, I have had no problems using the edge network for data. We'll see if I get a message from Tmobile telling me to upgrade, as I hear happens.

Does anyone know what the "superuser" app is for? When I scanned the phone with AVG's antivirus app, it said it was suspect. Is it malware?

Thanks again everyone, this is 1000x better than my bb curve..

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help everyone! After inputting U.S. Tmobile APN settings, I was able to use my BB SIM card with the new mod. I have read that I need a different data plan using an android phone with my old bb plan. So far, I have had no problems using the edge network for data. We'll see if I get a message from Tmobile telling me to upgrade, as I hear happens.

Does anyone know what the "superuser" app is for? When I scanned the phone with AVG's antivirus app, it said it was suspect. Is it malware?

Thanks again everyone, this is 1000x better than my bb curve..

It's an app to give "superuser" access to another app, otherwise known as root access, for example SetCPU needs root access to increase the CPU mhz.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone, Mur4ik posted on Twitter:
Hi people :) Today I'll upload a new SwiftDroid update. Nothing big, its contains a little fixes and latest CM 7 release build.
So we'll get the final release of CM, not RC2, and some bugfixes soon :)

Just in time! Mur4ik rocks man!!! :D \m/

Thanks for the update, hope my device doesn't auto-restart now.. :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If someone having problems of Russian profile names, I've a solution
(Caution: You'll lose all your current data, apps, etc. So create a backup first)
1. Open Root Explorer
2. Browse to /system directory. Mount it as R/W
3. Open build.prop file in Text Editor. (Long press on it).
4. Search for the line ro.product.locale.language=ru. Change it to ro.product.locale.language=en. Similarly change ro.product.locale.region=ru to ro.product.locale.region=US (I prefer US).
5. Save the changes.
6. Reboot into Recovery. Select 'Wipe data/factory reset'.
7. Reboot system.
I'm not responsible for any other consequences. Try at your own risk!

is it really necessary to wipe data??

Upvote 0
I don't understand...

I've tried to download using the link but it keeps bombing out at random points. The connection here is fine, and it tells me x of 90mb to download but I keep getting 15mb's or 20mb's worth and then it drops out.

I got 30+ mb on the last attempt and now I can't access it to download or even the blog now they both just time out...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones