• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UPDATED 28/12 - NEW INSTALLER] CyanogenMod 7/Android 2.3.4 Is avaliable for GT540!

thanks 4 ur help and that i really appreciate but i got a few more questions:
i want to free a lot of space on my SD card but iam not sure to delete these folders:

.android_secure.....BlueFTP temp .....BlueFTP_thumbnails.....dataviz....META-INF....svox....lib.....dataviz...MIUI....

Thanks and my bluetooth was working fine but recently i cant send or recive files :(

Upvote 0
OKay after updating to 1.9 I am unable to download or update any apps from the market..
Any fixes?

Even I got that same problem! Some of the updates work but others don't. I also tried to download Angry Birds Rio but no success always getting download and then disappears. Another problem is that sometimes the notification bar disappears and have to reboot the system to get it back.

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Even I got that same problem! Some of the updates work but others don't. I also tried to download Angry Birds Rio but no success always getting download and then disappears. Another problem is that sometimes the notification bar disappears and have to reboot the system to get it back.

Thanks in advance
What I found is that the apps that just download can be found by using root explorer. They can be found in cache/downloads. Once you have found the downloaded file, just click on it and then you will be given an option to install it. After you have installed the app, you can then delete the file safely. Hope this helps.
Ian

Upvote 0
i want to free a lot of space on my SD card but iam not sure to delete these folders:

.android_secure.....BlueFTP temp .....BlueFTP_thumbnails.....dataviz....META-INF....svox....lib.....dataviz...MIUI....

Thanks and my bluetooth was working fine but recently i cant send or recive files :(

.android_secure is where the .apk files are kept when you move an app to your SD Card.

BlueFTP temp and BlueFTP_thumbnails seem like they have something to do with a BlueFTP app?

The rest I'm not too sure about but definitely don't touch META-INF, svox and lib

Upvote 0

As dudeman said, don't delete android_secure, META-INF, svox, lib.

miui is the music player, that comes with the ROM, the japanese one.

dataviz is the folder where Documents to Go stores your files.

I happen to have the same folders: svox, lib, miui and others...

Hmmm....

they are the folders for your apps, and DCIM for the camera.

Is this 1.9 update the final version of cm7 or is this just a minor bugfix?

Yes it's CM7 final.

Upvote 0
i installed cyanogenmod7 v1.9 on my gt540 today, but when i try to connect to my wifi router it's stuck at verifying, it connects than it says verifying and than it deconnects again, and i'm 100% sure i used the right password. i have a sitecom47ECB5 router with WPA2 PSK security, anyone knows how to fix this problem? would be really appreciated.
thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
i installed cyanogenmod7 v1.9 on my gt540 today, but when i try to connect to my wifi router it's stuck at verifying, it connects than it says verifying and than it deconnects again, and i'm 100% sure i used the right password. i have a sitecom47ECB5 router with WPA2 PSK security, anyone knows how to fix this problem? would be really appreciated.
thanks in advance.

Try restarting the phone and router

Upvote 0
well i already restarted the phone, but i can't restart the router at this moment unfortunetly because im backing up which will take untill tomorrow, so i'll try restarting the router tomorrow and get back if it doesnt work.
by the way thanks for the fast reply.

Alright, hope it gets working again! :)

Upvote 0
Alright, hope it gets working again! :)
i hope so to :), by the way do you know how i can get the official google apps like market and stuff on my phone again? i'm busy with it now anyways so i thought why not do that now :p and the names of apps that are on it are in russian which is pretty annoying, but i guess there isn't a way to fix that is there (because the rom is from russia)?

Upvote 0
i hope so to :), by the way do you know how i can get the official google apps like market and stuff on my phone again? i'm busy with it now anyways so i thought why not do that now :p and the names of apps that are on it are in russian which is pretty annoying, but i guess there isn't a way to fix that is there (because the rom is from russia)?
Have you tried going to: Settings/Language & Keyboard Settings. Once there you can set the language to English (United Kingdon). Then restart the phone and you may find that everything is then in English. Hope this helps.
Ian

Reactions: lars1216
Upvote 0
Have you tried going to: Settings/Language & Keyboard Settings. Once there you can set the language to English (United Kingdon). Then restart the phone and you may find that everything is then in English. Hope this helps.
Ian
thanks for the help, that didn't work though, but after a few reboots everything was in dutch (my language), and it stayed in dutch, really weird but i'm happy with it :D, now i still have the problem with the official google apps like android market.
i know i ask alot of questions, but im new to android and flashing roms (first android phone, and first time i flashed), so i sometimes need some guidance.

Upvote 0
thanks for the help, that didn't work though, but after a few reboots everything was in dutch (my language), and it stayed in dutch, really weird but i'm happy with it :D, now i still have the problem with the official google apps like android market.
i know i ask alot of questions, but im new to android and flashing roms (first android phone, and first time i flashed), so i sometimes need some guidance.

You need the latest gapps.zip fix, here is the April one.

Reactions: lars1216
Upvote 0
I've installed CyanogenMod 7/Swiftdroid 1.9 on my phone, and everything works fine, apart from the SD card(the one that comes with the phone), which the phone doesn't seem to recognize and says is "Unavailable" under both "Total space" and "Available space" in the settings menu, and my computer doesn't appear to recognize my phone when i connect it via USB(i don't get any of the usual autoplay options or anything like that), but the Swiftdroid installer still works and i have been able to install new versions of Swiftdroid/Cyanogenmod without any problems, i had been hoping that the 1.9 update would have fixed the problem with the SD card....:(
Is there another way to get the phone to recognize the SD card? :) , it worked perfectly fine when i had installed Cyanogenmod 6 on my phone, but that made my phone so slow that it would be about 2 or 3 minutes before the phone would respond to anything i did...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones