• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UPDATED 8/8/12]Breath of fresh air....an update

I did a bit of poking around this morning and I see that we have a Snapdragon S3 SoC (MSM 8x60). Looking here, we see there are a number of devices that use this same SoC.

If anyone wants to help out with the ICS/JB project, it would be useful to find some ROMs for other MSM8x60 devices. Those with an associated github repo that is up to date are strongly preferred. GSM/CDMA doesn't matter too much, but CDMA is slightly better. The HTC Sensation looks pretty promising on the surface...

Upvote 0
I did a bit of poking around this morning and I see that we have a Snapdragon S3 SoC (MSM 8x60). Looking here, we see there are a number of devices that use this same SoC.

If anyone wants to help out with the ICS/JB project, it would be useful to find some ROMs for other MSM8x60 devices. Those with an associated github repo that is up to date are strongly preferred. GSM/CDMA doesn't matter too much, but CDMA is slightly better. The HTC Sensation looks pretty promising on the surface...

The best I could find without actually asking a dev was on XDA. It looks like his github is under Chad0989. From the XDA post, he is making a CM9 ROM for the HTC Vigor (aka HTC Rezound). He updated a few things on the github a couple days ago. I couldn't find a ROM link so we might have to build it.

At a glance, VS920 has the same chipset and GPU as the Rezound.

What exactly are you looking for (looking to compare)?

Reactions: tdm
Upvote 0
The best I could find without actually asking a dev was on XDA. It looks like his github is under Chad0989. From the XDA post, he is making a CM9 ROM for the HTC Vigor (aka HTC Rezound). He updated a few things on the github a couple days ago. I couldn't find a ROM link so we might have to build it.

At a glance, VS920 has the same chipset and GPU as the Rezound.

What exactly are you looking for (looking to compare)?

Thanks.

I'm looking for -- well, everything. Updated kernel stuff, especially GPU drivers. Vendor libraries for OpenGL and such. That sort of thing.

Upvote 0
Got 3g working on my marquee and got some real work done, so I'm just about ready to dive into spectrum ics again.

Looks like the p930 and att nitro both have ics roms, so I'll start with those. Same thing I did with the marquee.. Started with the p970 code and tweaked it.

Let's see if I can get this knocked out in a week or two...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones