[UPDATED 8/8/12]Breath of fresh air....an update

Last Updated:

1. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

Yea, the radio should be the main sticking point once the hardware is tackled.

Advertisement
  2. tdm

tdm Well-Known Member

Been there, done that. :)
  3. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

ATT Nitro HD and P930 are the same device... Also, my tree is the P930 tree, with tweaks. Using the leaked ICS blobs because p930 blobs wont work, (2 different board names)
    tdm likes this.
  4. tdm

tdm Well-Known Member

Okay thanks. What about your kernel?
  5. jeshbeast

jeshbeast Well-Known Member

I'm unsure if this would help u big dogs out but I did some research on FCC and the radio differences between the p920 and p930. Hope it helps. If I hijacked ur thread let me know and ill go back to lurking. Lol.

Attached Files:

tdm likes this.
  6. death2all110

P920??? Completely Different phone.....

Ummm VS920 is our model number...

FCC ID: BEJVS920 (LG Spectrum 4G [LG VS920])

FCC ID: BEJP930 (LG Nitro HD [LG P930])

and TDM my kernel is based off the blitzkrieg kernel by MTMichaelson...

I backported genlock and getting ready to backport netfilter/quota2 since its giving errors in logcat, granted i don't think thats going to stop a boot, but according to arcee (rmcc on github) he doesn't think the issue is with the kernel..

I'm not going to totally dismiss it though. You've seen the logcats/hangs right?
    badrsj likes this.
  7. tdm

tdm Well-Known Member

Yeah I reproed the hang.

qtaguid won't stop boot, I had ics on the thunderc and marquee without it.

Still working on real work, it's busy right now. But I'm sneaking in some spectrum work as well. :)
    badrsj likes this.
  8. death2all110

What do you think it is? Sensors/Poll_Delay? QCKS?
  9. tdm

tdm Well-Known Member

something related to the graphics, if I had to guess. Because when the screen guess dark, adb becomes responsive again.
    badrsj likes this.
  10. death2all110

How long does it take until the screen goes dark and does logcat show anything when it becomes responsive again?
    badrsj likes this.
  11. tdm

tdm Well-Known Member

I pressed the power button to make it happen. It may not happen on its own.
  12. myk3916

myk3916 Well-Known Member

13. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

Brandon says you got it to boot death? Is this true or was Brandon paying another one of his jokes...?
  14. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

Booting has been done for a while as they have ADB access. Getting it to load the launcher is completely different and probably what Brandon doesn't understand.
    IMUcarmen likes this.
  15. death2all110

It does boot, just not into user space.
    IMUcarmen likes this.
  16. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

Well I saw that pic of the lock screen so thought you made progress. So I assume you are still hanging on the animation?
  17. death2all110

what pic of the lock screen?

and yes
  18. atomilluminati

atomilluminati Well-Known Member

19. death2all110

How? Thats bootloader?? We dont need a bootloader?
  20. Brandonson112

Brandonson112 Well-Known Member

The pictures in the thread were from the leak not Death's CM9 the picture was also posted like 2 or 3 months ago originally when the leak was still new.
    IMUcarmen likes this.
  21. death2all110

I'm working on building the p930 cyanogenmod 2.6.35.11 kernel for the spec. I noticed a few things in there that could potentially be a fix to the issues we are having. If I can't get it to build, I'll back port. It gets close to the very end and then the process pukes. Might be missing files for the i_vzw board.
  22. myk3916

myk3916 Well-Known Member

i wish i could help on this so bad, im a good android dev, problem is, im also a truck driver... never home...

im working on getting the laptop setup with ubuntu...

ill keep ya posted
  23. phillip_viado

phillip_viado Well-Known Member

Can we just make a rom or a flashable zip for the leak ics. If we get a working ics rom. I really dont care if we dont get ics update at all, as long theres a ics rom
  24. megaghostgamer

megaghostgamer Well-Known Member

lol. That would be awesome if the leak was flashable but I don't know if there's a way to do that. That and that update deletes root and cwm.
  25. real0325

real0325 Well-Known Member

If that's possible that would be a great way get their attention, rooted stock ics!