• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Updated!] Batch script to root the evo shift! Noob proof!

Indirect

Jul 21, 2011
Note: This script is actually still being developed so if I break something in the script by adding something else it will be fixed. I don't have a shift to test on and I don't have any money. From what I know, my friend did indeed test this and it's working 100% so now lets move on to features.

FEATURES:
Wimax backup and restore - after the root process/misc.img flash
MD5 hash check for misc.img before and after.
Temproot
Hboot flash
Choices to ask what you want (Y/N questions)
asks if you already rooted with fre3vo and if so, takes you to the reroot script.

Credits?
OTAking71 and scaryghoul. (Hboot patch)
Otaking again just for beta testing my script on his spare shift.
Agrabren for releasing fre3vo
Me for writing this batch file from nothing but the instructions in the hboot downgrade thread.

Download link?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15069134/fre3atlast_v_2.7.2.zip

Github:https://github.com/xIndirect/Fre3atlast

Note: This script is made by me and may not be modified, reposted, or shared without my permission.

Reason I don't want you to modify it is because of the fact that I don't want anyone to break the script which can break the phones! Remember: Batch is very particular about function calling!

Code:
Changelog:
Updated to 2.7.2
Corrected output for link thats echoed into a text file.
Changed how it provides download links due to wget not cooperating correctly.
Added automatic function of checking MD5
added install.bat script for post-downgrade install of z4root and visionary
added automatic downloading of misc.img if bad md5
added downloading of choice between PG06IMG.zip or the exe RUU to downgrade
added wget to allow for downloading of the aforementioned files.
added device check
maybe some other slight things I'm forgetting

Quick developers note:
Everyone, I wrote Fre3AtLast as an improvement on the original script since it had some un-needed lines in it. I am not going to tolerate anyone else acting childish over this and the difference between devnull's and my script. It's just a more efficient way other than his and I still give him credit for giving me the original idea to create/improve on his script.

Reactions: Hermia and crump
Hi, I am still kind of new at this (yes, I know people like me are quite hated among these forums) but I managed to perm root running fre3atlast, at which point I checked to make sure the P9610.zip and the misc.img file were both in the root of my SD card (which I am assuming that means that the files are directly in the SD card and not in any folder). I ran hboot and when it started checking for images or whatever it does it kept on telling me I didn't have the correct Image for the .zip file when it got to it. Not sure what I am doing wrong due to the fact there's not really a list of directions as far as what I'm supposed to be running when. I've just tried what I've read so far from other threads. Also I'm not sure if this is relevant but when I open the adb application on my computer it immediately closes without me being able to even read what it says. Thanks for helping a newbie like myself.

Upvote 0
Hi, I am still kind of new at this (yes, I know people like me are quite hated among these forums) but I managed to perm root running fre3atlast, at which point I checked to make sure the P9610.zip and the misc.img file were both in the root of my SD card (which I am assuming that means that the files are directly in the SD card and not in any folder). I ran hboot and when it started checking for images or whatever it does it kept on telling me I didn't have the correct Image for the .zip file when it got to it. Not sure what I am doing wrong due to the fact there's not really a list of directions as far as what I'm supposed to be running when. I've just tried what I've read so far from other threads. Also I'm not sure if this is relevant but when I open the adb application on my computer it immediately closes without me being able to even read what it says. Thanks for helping a newbie like myself.

It should be called PG06IMG.zip (caps are actually important) and you dont need the misc.img on the sdcard, it was flashed already. Just rename the zip to PG06IMG.zip then reboot into bootloader and flash. ADB is also just a cmd line interface program meaning that it's not really a program to just double click on and run

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones