• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Updated CWM won't install ROM

Toddw

Feb 12, 2011
So I made the mistake of updating CWM to 3.0.0.8 and now I can't load ROM. I've had to go back to completely stock and had a hard time getting root. I tried to revert back to old CWM in Rom Manager but it says Encountered error trying to download. How else can I either get back to old CWM or install another EB01 ROM?

Bob's direction got me back on EB01 and running again though for some reason it's not quite as fast as it was before. I know Quadrant scores don't mean a whole lot but it's down from 1400 to 850. I installed the EB01 voodoo kernel but how do I know voodoo is actually active?

Upvote 0
Bob's direction got me back on EB01 and running again though for some reason it's not quite as fast as it was before. I know Quadrant scores don't mean a whole lot but it's down from 1400 to 850. I installed the EB01 voodoo kernel but how do I know voodoo is actually active?

You probably never went into the voodoo menu within CWR to activate it. During your initial reboot after enabling voodoo you'll hear a female voice updating you on the conversion progress...it'll take about 5 mins. If that doesn't sound familiar, you didn't convert.

Upvote 0
Once I've installed Super Clean using the method above the phone is running fine. I'm having trouble installing any other ROM though now. I tried flashing Black Hole, which is what I was originally on, it booted up fine but started Force Closing every app and continued that essentially locking up the phone. I reflashed Super Clean with Odin and it's OK again. Can I not flash other ROMs now? Is there a difference between EB01 and EB16?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones