Updated...keyboard disappearedSupport

Last Updated:

1. andersoc

andersoc New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

I've had my O2 Galaxy for 2 weeks now, and in that time its turned itself off an average of every 2 days. After contacting O2, they advised me to update the firmware before considering a replacement.

After doing that this evening through PC Studio (to XXII4), my keyboard seems to have 'disappeared'. I can't type anything on my phone as the keyboard refuses to show itself.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I can't even get a new one from the market, as I can't type in 'keyboard'!

This is the first time i've visited the forum actually, and just learned the Galaxy won't be supported past v1.5. I really, really regret buying this phone!

Thanks for any help, much appreciated!

Chris

Advertisement
  2. andersoc

andersoc New Member This Topic's Starter

...so its back. Went to Locale & Test -> Samsung Keyboard, changed a few options, then went back to write a text and 'Samsung Keyboard' had appeared as an input option. Phew!

Has anyone had any success with the reboot problem with this upgrade?

Thanks again,
    Chris

titzlaroo likes this.
  3. titzlaroo

titzlaroo Member

i went to the same menu. I deselected swype and keypad sweeping from the samsung keypad options. I also deselected the Android Keyboard and Samsung keypad. When I restarted my phone, everything was automatically selected again and swype is back and working.