1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Updated new phone and need to get rid of this new sidebar...Support

1. uvradiator

uvradiator New Member

Bought a Note 2 a week ago and I've done my first official update today, didnt root it. For some reason it came with a new sidebar that I really hate.

This sidebar can be minimized and leaves a small tab sticking out on the side of the screen and it STAYS there, no matter what I do. Imagine how annoying it is to watch some video and that tab is just sitting there blocking the way.

I need a way to get rid of it. Anything like system restore to the date before the update it fine. Any help?

Cheers.

EDIT: its still android version 4.1.1.

Advertisement
    :
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

How about a screen shot?
  3. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

4. Maurice Moss

Maurice Moss New Member

I had this problem too and it's v annoying.

To get rid of it simply hold down the back button for 5 seconds and it'll disappear :)

I think you need to do this everytime you turn the phone on and I'm looking into how to uninstall/delete it ;-)

Cheers,

Rusty
    am_beagle likes this.
  5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Moved to Gnote 2 forum for device specific help.
  6. TheGr81

TheGr81 Well-Known Member

This is the bar that lets you add apps to split screen view. Hold the back button for 5 seconds to enable/disable it.
  7. Maurice Moss

Maurice Moss New Member

It's the first genuine multitasking on a smartphone and is really, really neat. A good demo video can be seen at: Galaxy Note 2 multi-window - YouTube
  8. Vince42

Vince42 New Member

Not the first, but good to see that Android has that now as well ... ;)
  9. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

What other OS has this?
  10. stauren1203

stauren1203 Well-Known Member

11. R4nd0mJ0k3r

R4nd0mJ0k3r Well-Known Member

12. wireyourworld

wireyourworld Member

Its the Multi Window tab. Slide down the notification menu (where you see all your emails, wifi and all that stuff) and scroll through the top bar of widgets, deselect multiwindow and it will go away. Select it when you want to use multiwindow.
  13. stauren1203

stauren1203 Well-Known Member

14. wireyourworld

wireyourworld Member

Incidentally I discovered that the annoying tab can be dragged lower or higher along the edge, its a little less irritating when its lower. I think using the pen it can also be moved to the bottom of the screen.
  15. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Is this a joke thread? Lmao
  16. NeuDroid

NeuDroid Well-Known Member

*Cough* Yes it is........keeping moving on troll.
    Wiley_11 likes this.
  17. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

You can move it anywhere you want left or right side, top or bottom. When the multiview tab is open, just long press on it and it can be moved to any side:)
  18. Norad17

Norad17 New Member

Go to your apps folder by pressing the apps icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
    Find and press the settings icon. ( It looks like gears )
    In the upper half of the next screen press the My device.
    Locate and press the Display icon.
    In this final step to remove the sidebar, remove the tick in the tab that says Multi window.