• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Updated Odin Images Available - Latest T-Mobile Stock

I have also tried using the Device Manager approach to force an update several times over the past few days, to no effect. Several times I was told a software update was available - I pressed "Next" only to have it prompt to reboot, with no change to the firmware. I am convinced that there's no "trick" to make it work any earlier than if you just sit on your butt and wait...

Upvote 0
Just used this process posted by kkarlin for the last ota. Worked for me.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-behold-2/50823-how-force-bug-fix-update.html#post407834

Assumptions :
You are using the STOCK ROM. BH_MAN's Hybrid ROM will not work as Device Management is DISABLED. I can't speak to the GALAXY ROM so to be safe ODIN back to Stock.
You're battery is above 50%
You have a Solid Signal (3g seems to be required)
You Are Using the TWLauncher home screen - You can not be using a different home screen.
Steps:
If you dont already have AnyCut, Download and install it from the Market Place
Long Press an empty spot on your desktop
Select Shortcut from the context menu
Select AnyCut as the ShortcutType
Select Activity from the AnyCut shortcut type
Select Device Management from the list of Activities
You can rename the short cut if you want to, but it's not necessary
Click "OK" - the short cut should be created on your desktop
Click the short cut to launch Device Manager
Select Start DM
You should immediately see a pair of red and blue arrows in the top left corner of the screen - these are in a different location than the usual "Getting Information" arrows that appear more towards the middle of the top of the screem
After a minute or so you should be prompted to install the update.
If the arrows disappear and you are not notified of an update proceed with step 14
While still in Device Management - hit Menu then select Software Update
1 Hour should be selected - hit "OK"
You should now see a clock next to the arrow icons in the top left corner of the screen.
Reboot the phone.
After restarting open Device Management using the desktop shortcut.
Select Start DM
This should now initiate the update.
ENJOY!

This didnt work

Upvote 0
Just used this process posted by kkarlin for the last ota. Worked for me.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-behold-2/50823-how-force-bug-fix-update.html#post407834

Assumptions :
You are using the STOCK ROM. BH_MAN's Hybrid ROM will not work as Device Management is DISABLED. I can't speak to the GALAXY ROM so to be safe ODIN back to Stock.
You're battery is above 50%
You have a Solid Signal (3g seems to be required)
You Are Using the TWLauncher home screen - You can not be using a different home screen.
Steps:
If you dont already have AnyCut, Download and install it from the Market Place
Long Press an empty spot on your desktop
Select Shortcut from the context menu
Select AnyCut as the ShortcutType
Select Activity from the AnyCut shortcut type
Select Device Management from the list of Activities
You can rename the short cut if you want to, but it's not necessary
Click "OK" - the short cut should be created on your desktop
Click the short cut to launch Device Manager
Select Start DM
You should immediately see a pair of red and blue arrows in the top left corner of the screen - these are in a different location than the usual "Getting Information" arrows that appear more towards the middle of the top of the screem
After a minute or so you should be prompted to install the update.
If the arrows disappear and you are not notified of an update proceed with step 14
While still in Device Management - hit Menu then select Software Update
1 Hour should be selected - hit "OK"
You should now see a clock next to the arrow icons in the top left corner of the screen.
Reboot the phone.
After restarting open Device Management using the desktop shortcut.
Select Start DM
This should now initiate the update.
ENJOY!

tried this twice, didnt work :(

Upvote 0
isn't that the same kernel as the 2.1 kernel?
Yes it is...However it's the Drivers we don't have that prevent us from going any further. I would love to see the changelog for JC2 through JE2. The one that was in BH_MAN's Leaked JC2 was interesting. In March they finished JC2 and that was the 1st completed 1.6 Build. In the Immortal words of Johnny Rotten: "Do you ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

Upvote 0
Need help after starting odin I reset put in the ops put in the bootloader and when I try to put the phone file odin runs into problems and reboots anyone with suggestions?

I ran into the same problem. The only way I got around it was to load the PDA, then Phone, then Boot, the OPS. You can try other combinations.

Also, I think I remember reading that some people would load up certain files first, proceed with the ODIN process and then ODIN the remaining files later. Try searching it for better details.

Upvote 0
!! Official 1.6 OTA Image - Progress Update !!

Since I was on vacation this weekend I was unable to finish the image files for the OTA update. I will work on this in my spare time to have it out by tomorrow at the latest if no problems are found.

I will be creating a rooted and non-rooted image.

Other ROM images based on these may come out later. I will look at requests but please no PMs.

Upvote 0
!! Official 1.6 OTA Image - Progress Update !!

Since I was on vacation this weekend I was unable to finish the image files for the OTA update. I will work on this in my spare time to have it out by tomorrow at the latest if no problems are found.

I will be creating a rooted and non-rooted image.

Other ROM images based on these may come out later. I will look at requests but please no PMs.

Thank you for the kernel Update, I'll edit it tonight for everyone..
Was there a Recovery update as well?
It will be later tonight, but I'll get it rooted for everyone shortly :)

Thanks,
~Eugene

Upvote 0
@BH_MAN, I'm thinking of getting a slide...do you still have yours? How do you like it compared to the BH2? Is it rooted yet? What kind of development potential does it hve? Tanks, Paul!

Yes, I love the Phone & Yes It's Rooted!! I rooted it & the Aria From Att as well... My Root method also work on the Nexus as well / desire / legend & likly the wildfire..

How-TO * Root The Slide * *6/15/2010* - AndroidSPIN Forums

@BH_MAN: Will you be able to do the remapping of the cube button to search like on the previous roms?
All you need is the usr Folder from any of my rom :)

Reactions: eschnit81
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones