• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Updated Odin Images Available - Latest T-Mobile Stock

bh_man has officially said he will work on it. this is absolutely great news to all who can't get the update, or want something without some bloatware.

thanks is in order. :)

and I have the slide too, it is a wonderful phone, but i can't bear to pay the $30 data plan when I pay only $10 on the behold :(

Buy it out Right & just swap the Sim card.. Though after looking at my Bill, it was $460 after taxes. so I can't complain, as I init only paid $427 after tax for the behold 2..

Upvote 0
First of all THANK YOU BH_(YOUR ARE THE)MAN or EUGENE373. I’m sure that Samsung should put you on their payroll because you are the main reason that a lot of people decided to keep the ”not to” behold sequel because you gave the phone a new life . I know that you don’t own a ”not to” behold sequel anymore and I know that it’s the right decision but people like me that are “stuck” with it are simply infinitely grateful to you and people like Nu11u5 that dedicate their spare time and build the amazing ODIN images for us. I am using the BH_(YOUR ARE THE) MAN ROMs from the beginning and never complained because it’s a work in progress … But the perfection came with the Galaxy Final and the amazing batterystats.bin adb push from Take5 that solved my battery problems (I got 50 hours)!!!
I did not have a FC since … Now I’m on stock from Nu11u5 hopping to get the infamous 1,6 OTA update from T-Non-Mobile and with all the tips and tricks in vain. So I’m looking forward to your new official 1,6 BH_MAN & Nu11u5 Final Take6 Rom.
BH_(YOUR ARE THE)MAN I saw on one of the posts a way to DONATE for a couple of brewski’s and some toys for the kids (by the way congratulations) and please you should put a link on your posts for it because I’m sure that a lot of people like me and my partner would like to DONATE.
Warmest regards,

Simon Vojislav Simovic
for donation, visit here, and click "about me" tab

Upvote 0
Just got the replacement phone and its rolling stock 1.6. What do you need me to do?

Please follow these dump instructions:
The image making process will be slightly more complicated once I actually started thinking about it. Since we are loosing root with this update we need to start from scratch. The procedure will require 2 phones with the update, and shouldn't cause any damage or permanent changes. I will need 1 or 2 people from the community to help me out with this one.

The procedure will go like this:

Both phones A and B have the Samsung 1.6 OTA update

1. Odin phone A with http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-behold-2/56494-bh_man-recovery-w-adb-support.html
  2. ADB into phone A via recovery
  3. Dump all of the partitions with dd
  4. Modify the dumped kernel image to enable root
  5. Odin phone B with rooted kernel
  6. Dump official recovery from phone B with dd
  7. Package the ROM dumps from phone A (except the modified recovery), the rooted kernel, and the official recovery dump from phone B into an Odin file

Volunteers can post in this thread or PM me and we can arrange to meet on IRC. If all goes well it should take only an hour (minus the time to exchange files).

If you've gotten ADB to work with your phone that's all the experience you'll need!

I think we have somebody already doing it here, but ask Nu11u5 if he needs your help! http://androidforums.com/all-things...rooting-new-ota-1-6-update-3.html#post1055138

We may have someone doing it but if we can get more than one dump it's always helpful.

Upvote 0
I made an odin image of STOCK. Doesn't have userdata, couldn't figure out which file that was but it works :)..
This will do till someone else makes another odin.

2shared - download bh2_16official.tar.md5

make sure to load up behold2.ops file

flash as 1 package. (make sure you have 1 package checked in odin.)

* does not flash over Recovery.
Includes
kernel - stock
system - stock
RADIO - new
Cache - new

Upvote 0
I made an odin image of STOCK. Doesn't have userdata, couldn't figure out which file that was but it works :)..
This will do till someone else makes another odin.

2shared - download bh2_16official.tar.md5

make sure to load up behold2.ops file

flash as 1 package. (make sure you have 1 package checked in odin.)

* does not flash over Recovery.
Includes
kernel - stock
system - stock
RADIO - new
Cache - new

So when you say it doesn't have userdata, what does that mean? Awesome job man!

Upvote 0
Most of the odins have a userdata file included, based on the dump that was given i couldn't figure out what the "userdata" file was, im sure nu11u5 knows which one it is, but i didnt.

However i know for a fact that if you were running bhmans 1.6 rom and you
flash to this, it will work just fine.

'userdata' contains all of the programs that you install, their settings, and other personal information like call and browser history. It is the only partition that can be written to normally, other than the SD card.

You don't want to dump this and hand it out willy-nilly, unless you want everyone on these forums to know exactly what you do on it.

When you do a Factory Reset this partition is wiped.

'userdata' is not needed or recommended for inclusion in ROMs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones