• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [updated] Root T-Mobile LG L9 (P769)

I wonder what I'm doing wrong then...
I am rooted and my root is backed up on voodoo ota root keeper, but, yesterday, when trying to restart and install the update, I was presented with an upside down android with a red triangle hovering above him.

I did some scouring online to see if anyone else had this issue and I found nothing. I did find that it's people with other phones were having similar issues, though, and it is/was because they didn't have a system/custom recovery. I don't even know how to access the recovery (boot into it), nor do I know how to obtain the update again.

I'm currently running v10e, and this version doesn't allow me to tether my 4G (meaning I have no internet access on my laptop, and everything I have to do online has to be done from my phone--including homework [which sucks]). The v10g update resolves this issue, but I can't access it!

Does anyone know what I should do?

I'm having the same issue with both my wife's and my phones. FoxFi has solved the WiFi tethering issue, but we both still get prompted to install to 10g update via OTA. I installed the VooDoo OTA Rootkeeper app and made the backup. I tried to update to 10g again and it once again failed as described in the above post. Does anyone know how to either get the 10g update to succeed or to stop being prompted for it?

Upvote 0
Okay, so this is seriously starting to piss me off.

I used this method and was successfully able to root my phone. Weeks later, my phone randomly stops. Like, it froze. I hard reset the phone, and after it rebooted, it gives me a message that says I HAVE to restore me phone. Sadly, I did it. I later try to root my phone again, still using this method, but I'm not able to. I'm stopped when the prompt asks me to click restore on my phone, but when I do, a box appears saying "Restore starting...", then another saying "Restore ended" shows up, and the phone seems untouched by my computer. The script runs until this: "Please look at your device and click RESTORE! If all is successful I will tell you, if not this shell will run forever. Running..."

Any help?

Upvote 0
Okay, so this is seriously starting to piss me off.

I used this method and was successfully able to root my phone. Weeks later, my phone randomly stops. Like, it froze. I hard reset the phone, and after it rebooted, it gives me a message that says I HAVE to restore me phone. Sadly, I did it. I later try to root my phone again, still using this method, but I'm not able to. I'm stopped when the prompt asks me to click restore on my phone, but when I do, a box appears saying "Restore starting...", then another saying "Restore ended" shows up, and the phone seems untouched by my computer. The script runs until this: "Please look at your device and click RESTORE! If all is successful I will tell you, if not this shell will run forever. Running..."

Any help?

What baseband does your phone have ? (10e-10g-20d?)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones