Updated to 2.1, now want to go back to 1.5Support

Last Updated:

1. Tomjh99

Tomjh99 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just updated my girlfriend's Moment to the official 2.1 software through the Sprint.com/downloads site and she does not like the look of it. She is more comfortable with the stock software (1.5), so how do I reload that stock firmware on her Moment? Thanks for any hlelp you can offer.

Advertisement
  2. SniperDroid

SniperDroid Well-Known Member

Here is what I read in the FAQs at the end of the instructions.

"If I Decide I Do Not Like the Update for My SPH-M900 Moment Can I Reload (CJ05 or CL14) Software?"

"It is not recommended to regress backwards to a previous software load. Any attempts to perform a
    regression may render the handset inoperable"

That being said, I have no clue, lol, sorry. I just waiting for my GFs phone to charge so I can try the update.

3. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

um...isn't the "look" of 2.1 almost exactly the same as the "look" of 1.5 on the Moment? I know on my mom's the only real appearance change was in the lockscreen

4. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Lockscreen is the biggest one, but there are minor changes throughout. Markets slightly different (better if you ask me). Receiving calls looks different, as does (but just slightly) in call screens.

As for flashing back. You could try it, but I certainly wouldnt recommend it. You're better off just letting her get used to the new look and feel of 2.1. Something tells me she just wants 1.5 back because shes accustom to it.

5. Bigprimo

Bigprimo Well-Known Member

why the heck does the lock screen keep engaging every 5 secs???

6. cfrogue

cfrogue Member

FTW. It's weird, but sometimes even small changes can feel big...especially for chicks. I replaced a shower head in one of our showers and my four year old daughter wanted me to put the old one back. My wife couldn't look at me the whole ride home when I got my hair cut really short.

"I know it's terrible. I'm sorry, baby, there's nothing we can do. Oh look Google Maps Navigation....how cool is that?"

7. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

If you said this in front of my wife? She would punch you!:D