• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Updated to 2.2 and cant send email

ngidda4

Lurker
Sep 2, 2010
Hello,

I have recently updated to 2.2 firmware and now I cannot send emails from my phone.

I have my hotmail setup on my Desire and prior to updating everything worked fine as far as sending and recieving emails.

Now I can recieve but not send emails. I have checked the outgoing settings, tried every variation and changed the security to ssl and tls and changed ports but nothing. It wont go past that stage and upon verifying outgoing account settings i keep getting "cannot connect to mail server to verify account info". This is lies as I am recieving emails fine.

ANY HELP PLEASE?

Thanks

Hey...it is not your phone...I have been searching for the past few hours on this...3 days ago my hotmail was not sending out emails. I figured this out when I sent a vidoe to my son and he never got it...then i sent it to myself....never got it!!!! Others are having this problem...I have had my phone since july and everything has workied fine...it is unlocked with froyo 2.2 update. Something else is going on...I hope someone can help us!!! All my other emails work fine....everything on my phone works great....this just started and I had done nothing to my phone recentley!!!! I had to use Qik to send the video....but still a no go....some have said delete it and add it...but when I did that..."Authentication Failure"!!! Help!!!!

Upvote 0
sorry...anyone know how to get to Recovery.....when I hit it my phone just resets

"I had Unrooted(Unrevoked3), had the OTA update (best buy did it for me), backed up throught titanium/busy box...and then added the new 2.2. I can not flash/recover anything.....It can't find busy box or says' i need to update....titanium wont work....realized my new driver was missing...reinstalled that.....but I CAN NOT get to recovery....Someone said I have to wait until someone comes up with a root for 2.2...and that i am stuck for now. "

Any Suggestions??? thanks!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones