Updated to 2.2 ROM w/root, now camera problems?

Last Updated:

1. zoidberg28

zoidberg28 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hopefully someone else has run into this problem, and maybe it'll be helpful all around.

I updated to a 2.2 rooted rom a couple days ago and it worked perfectly...wireless tether, etc, was all fine.

Today, my camera/video camera (and all the programs that depend on it, like goggles) isn't working - sometimes I get pink static, sometimes nothing much happens when I click on the camera icon (black screen).

I'm using virtuous 2.3 ([ROM] Virtuous v2.3 (8/29/10): Stock Sense/Froyo v3.21.605.1 w/Fixes & Enhancements - xda-developers). I was on v.2.2, thought upgrading to 2.3 would fix the camera...no go.

Anybody else encounter camera problems with android 2.2 roms?

Advertisement
  2. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

did you update your radio before 2.2?

3. zoidberg28

yep, 2.15xx. s-off too.

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

By any chance did you load a different kernel than what came with the Rom? Sounds like a pre-.32 kernel symptom.

5. zoidberg28

good question! i don't know - never messed with a kernel before. i'm not super savvy at this - how can i find out? my phone says "kernel version: 2.6.32.15-gb7b01d1 htc-kernel@and18-2 #1"

edit - i'm thinking of installing cyanogen 6 or some other more heavily modded rom to see if that has any effect. the phone is new to me, but i'm sure it's a referb...i wonder if it was originally returned for camera problems. though it's weird that it was working fine and then suddenly crapped out this morning, having done nothing differently...

6. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Yeah that's the stock .32 kernel. Man I don't have an answer on this one.