Updated to Froyo, now phone shuts off at random...

Last Updated:

1. Cable

Cable New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I upgraded my Captivate to 2.2 two weeks ago and ever since the phone will shut itself off without making a sound (screen just goes black like the battery was pulled out) randomly. I do notice it never does it if the charger is plugged in.

I also am having a problem with txting. Sometimes when I am replying to a txt to one person, it will sent the message to a random person in my contacts instead of the person I intended to send the txt to.

Lastly, when I take a pic with the camera or download a pic from a txt, it takes awhile for it to show up in my gallery...

None of these things were happening when it was still running 2.1.

Thoughts?

Thank you for your time.

Advertisement
  2. Joedv

Joedv Member

Which flavor of 2.2 did you upgrade to and what method did you use to do so?

3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

2.2 isn't released yet. The only stuff out there are leaked betas which are known to be extremely buggy. 2.1 isn't beta, 2.2 is.

If you don't like to be a beta tester, don't like risking your data, don't like bricking your phone and don't like having to update your ROM daily, best to stick with 2.1 until 2.2 is actually released.

Froyo - CapFAQ

4. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

How did you revive it?

Did you notice the charge level?

Are you beyond the 30 day trial period?

Did you REALLY apply a 2.2 beta, or did you simply effect the normal, supported update procedure to arrive at build UCJH7?