Updated to ICS: Flash Player No Longer Works?Support

1. left4dead

left4dead Well-Known Member

Since ICS update (non-rooted), I can no longer watch videos on the stock browser. Getting a message that says "Flash Player is not installed." However I do have FP v11 installed from the Play Store but that message keeps displaying whenever I try viewing a stream (ie Justin.tv).

Never had this issue previously with GB, just when I updated to ICS.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. picord

picord Well-Known Member

Enable flash in your browser settings, it is turned off by default

left4dead likes this.
  3. godzilla932

godzilla932 Well-Known Member

I've got the same problem and I'd like to turn on flash player, but where the heck are my browser settings ? I use the stock Google browser
  4. godzilla932

godzilla932 Well-Known Member

Ok I found it, thanks to this forums help again.Great place to find help
  5. left4dead

left4dead Well-Known Member

I enabled the Flash Player plug-in but video streaming is TERRIBLE on ICS. Super laggy, choppy and constantly freezing. I NEVER had this issue with GB when trying to view Justin.tv.

I even tried other browsers (Skyfire, Opera, Dolphin, etc) and getting the same issue as well.....again which did not occur with GB previously.

I have alreasdy done a factory restore/default as soon as ICS was installed on my device.

I have DISABLED a bunch of stock applications via Settings > Apps > All....but nothing I can think of that relates to video playback or browser compatibility.

Suggestions?