1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Updated to ICS, rebooted to V6, then V4, in an attempt to bring back hotspot. getting connection issSupport

1. prplhayes

prplhayes New Member

I used CWM to reboot to v6 after I updated to ICs and found that the wifi hotspot didn't work. Tried to bring it back but there is a blinking triangle next to the network, and the connection is terrible, if present. won't allow backup services, says [02] parameters missing when I try. firmware still says v7.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

Well, sounds like the V7 radio files are not compatible with the V6 rom. Your only chance at this point is to downgrade via the .cab method. The v6 link is currently down, so you'll most likely need to use v4 and then take the ota update to v6.
  3. prplhayes

prplhayes New Member

Is it totally necessary to use the .cab method? I tried cwm restore of v4, and got the same problem. what's the difference?
  4. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

nandroid backups are only backups of /data, /boot, and /system. There are 30 partitions on the droid and you're only replacing 3. Let's just say that you're not really replacing a lot of the important files that way. The .cab file how ever replaces 28 partitions. The only ones it doesn't are /misc, and /data.
    IMUcarmen likes this.