• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Updated to Jellybean and phone is dead. Who do I call or contact?

6pm

Lurker
Oct 4, 2013
Opened my Nexus 4 and was informed there was an update available. Yey! Jellybean has *finally* arrived for me. Clicked the button and waited. Green android icon fell over dead w/ message, "Update Error". Ever since then the phone gets 'hung up' on the black 'Google' start up page forever. Turn it off and it reboots to same black page with white 'Google' text.

Tried everything. System wipe, reboot, whatever you call it. Nothing works. Been three days. No phone.

MY QUESTION:
Who do I call for help?

* Bought N4 through Google Play.
* Time Warner is my service provider.
* And, of course, LG made the phone.

Any help is much appreciated.
I signed up here because I'm not getting an answer on Google Forums, or anywhere else. ( you all need a crying icon cuz that's what I feel like doing, I have a ton of other problems right now ...wifes laptop died, refrigerator died, food is rotting we have to buy another tests for school coming up, yadda yadda...and just hope I'm not going to be reamed on this deal...after spending 400 dollars for this phone, now wiped out by a update, and Google wont say a peep...just hope I can get my phone back in working condition for under a $100. Esp. since all I did was install the provided update sent to me! :()

Who do I need to call?
Thanks for any help...

don't know...but...i just ordered a chrome cast, and on the confirming email there is a phone number....you might give it a try. 1 855 836 3987.

i've always wondered how the heck you actually contact google.

personally, i'm thinking that this is a google issue, not lg or the carrier. whoever pushed the ota update would seem to be the bag man.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones