• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Updated to new rom. Keep losing signal.

steve_

Lurker
Jan 6, 2010
Hey guys iv just updated to a new Rom last night. Its the latest mocado rom. I was running version 1.5 of mocado up until now. Before i could never get a 3g signal, basically 99% of the time. So i decided to update to see if maybe the problem would be resolved. Iv updated an everything is fine, i get a strong 2g singal for a few minutes then it drops out and wont reconnect unless i manually do it. Also if i send an sms message signal drops out almost straight away after sending. When the signal goes it wont allow me to connect back to the 3network, iv to turn on and off the radio rom in order to get a signal for another few minutes.

The radio rom thats on it is: 63.18.55.06ju_6.35.09.26

Im using modcado 2.1

Any suggestions to fix this would be great. Im going nuts trying to sus it out.

Havent used modaco since 1.5, but i do know that your radio is pretty out of date, so maybe flashing a more up to date one will help. There was a link on this forum to radio roms, but cant find it at the moment, so have a look here:

Gsm Hero Radio Roms - Download Links

Edit: oh yeah it was this post here. However that doesnt have a link to the latest (SU) radio, so might wanna stick with the villainrom page anyway.

Upvote 0
Just updated there to the latest radio rom listed on that link you send. The problem is still there. Signal keeps dropping after i send a text. It wont automatically roam back to the network either. Ever since i got the phone iv pretty much only ever had 2g signal. I have a 1gb data plan in my contract so it would be nice to use it. I just accepted that it couldnt be fixed but now i think id like to try get it sorted. No point having a smart phone if i cant use many features of it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones