Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

Advertisement
    KOLIO and marctronixx like this.
  2. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

I thought this was just for the Dev edition?

Either way the devs are close to getting a 4.3 ROM dump so not long until we can flash it, can't wait as 4.2.2 wasn't a brilliant update in my opinion.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

A few tweets down, he mentions "all US skus", so I took that to mean all US variants?
  4. gibbs1984

Probably then, if I remember correctly the US carriers haven't released the 4.2.2 update, might be wrong though.

Haven't seen any news on what might be in the 4.3 Sense update apart from what Stock Android 4.3 brings.

How's things been El? Long time no speak.
  5. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

4.2.2 is not released in the US on any US carrier as of this writing....
  6. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

So everyone else will get 4.3 and Verizon users get shafted?
    Hmm...
  7. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

4.2.2 was a brilliant update, worth it just for removing the menu bar and the zoe file management.
  8. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

He mentions by the end of September,@ the end of the conversation.

https://twitter.com/JasonMacHTC/status/368570622080602112

Jason Mackenzie ‏@JasonMacHTC 3h
    @BrunoZP @jmwein our plan/target (since certification is necessary) is that all US skus will be updated before September end.

We'll see,stay tuned............... ;)
    marctronixx and El Presidente like this.
  9. kylecummins

kylecummins Well-Known Member

10. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I doubt you'll see much difference between 4.2.2 and 4.3 unless HTC have modified Sense. The only reason that 4.3 is an appeal on the Nexus 7 for me is that Google has altered memory management and it no longer lags - I've not seen this issue with the One.
  11. BigHAZE

BigHAZE Well-Known Member

Just got back from the Mall where they were having a HUGE HTC ONE event. I asked SEVERAL of the managers and they DEFINITELY CLAIMED that the HTC ONE (Sprint Version) which is what I have, will have Jellybean 4.3 by months end. ABSOLUTELY CONFIRMED. NOT Kit Kat yet...but soon.

I might be late with the news...but there it is. Can't wait.

Haze
  12. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Just wanted to give this thread a bump,as the end of September is fast approaching. :bebored:

Sightings of the reported ANDROID 4.3 update,which supposedly is set for the U.S. by months end,are appreciated. :thumbup:
  13. ked0607

ked0607 Member

Well its the 23rd and no news so I guess this is another tick on the rumor mill list of failures. Sprints had this for weeks and HTC has a whole 7 days to push this out of the Carriers to their phones. I honestly dont get why this is so difficult. Its the same hardware across the board. Carriers bloat can be patched later.
  14. renegad3

renegad3 Well-Known Member

From today: 9/23/2013

Jason Mackenzie
    @JasonMacHTC
    We're still working hard & optimistic for U.S. carrier certification – stay tuned to @HTCUSA for more news soon.

Jason Mackenzie
    @JasonMacHTC
    Good news – the latest Sense experience & Android 4.3 will push to One Dev Edition owners this week & One customers in Canada by month end.

Im personally hoping that 'dev edition' also include us HTC One 32GB unlocked owners as well...
    KJohns and marctronixx like this.
  15. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

To my understanding of the process, a lot of the hold up is in carrier testing. The Sprint version has some of the same bands as the rest of them but their own bands need to be tested for dropped calls, slow internet, interference, etc. Personally I think they drag their feet a little.
  16. gibbs1984

I'm running it and it's not much of an update to be honest.

They've put the bloody language button back on the keyboard next to the comma button which annoys the hell out of me when I press it by mistake! :mad:

Apart from that it's a bit faster and smoother but from the leaks we've had I don't think it's a major update.

Although it's still good :)
    KOLIO likes this.
  17. godzilla932

godzilla932 Well-Known Member

Android Police
    HTC One Android 4.3 Update Starts Rolling Out In Taiwan
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/09/24/htc-one-android-4-3-update-starts-rolling-out-in-taiwan/
    KOLIO likes this.
  18. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

There is a leaked build floating around with android 4.3 and sense 5 for the AT&T model, which suggests its not too far away from being released.
    KJohns, marctronixx and EarlyMon like this.
  19. godzilla932

Android 4.3 update hitting HTC One Developer Edition http://www.androidcentral.com/android-43-updating-hitting-htc-one-developer-edition
  20. renegad3

renegad3 Well-Known Member

Also for those of us with 32GB unlocked edition as well. Finally!
  21. spammerbam

spammerbam New Member

Sorry, kinda new at this. Will unlocking the sim bypass the carrier and get the update directly from HTC?
  22. KJohns

KJohns ROM/Application Developer

no
  23. godzilla932

24. Lostviking

Lostviking New Member

I got it last Friday...haven't charged the battery since then either. Of course been in standby and only a few texts...seems like my battery life has increased since the upgrade. Used to charge each night.

Running an unlocked direct from HTC in California.
  25. IDEAL41

IDEAL41 Well-Known Member

4.3 OTA relaesed in Canada for regular carrier version (mine is rogers)....downloading now....we will see how it goes
    KOLIO and marctronixx like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.