• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Updates and Roots

If people are able to make rooted phone do so much, auto-rotate,
multi touch, themes and app's saved to memory cards to name the
major ones. Why do we have to wait so long for google to make them,
Now I know there a greater problems with some of them, multi-touch
And apps to memory create big problems with apple and app copying,
But if the others can be done shouldn't they ba able to do them soon.

Google will have tighter measures on testing and stuff but how much testing is needed
Can't they use some of their codeing to help them or beta test stuff using the emulator's

I am thinking of rooting mine when rc9 comes out. Apart from having multi-touch, and auto rotate what day to day changes will there be.
While I'm just doing my normal stuff I won't accidentally brick my phone will I. I have some understanding of all the goings on I just want to make sure.
Has anyone here started putting apps on their sd card yet, and what's it like, speed wise.

Upvote 0
I'm from germany, I have a german phone and want to root it,
The Data is as follows:
Firmware-Version:

Basisband-Version:
62.33.20.08U_1.22.12.29

Kernel-Version:
2.6.25-01843-gfea26b0
android-build@apa27 #6

Build-Nummer:

(I hope it also helps other german users too
as soon as i know which one is the equivalent of the RC* strings ;)

Upvote 0
Does anyone know the differences between RC31 and RC8? (or the american and UK version) and what version the germans have? I looked at my phone but there's nowhere listed what revision i have!
It could be the firmware version, which would be 1.1?

The American version has a T-Mobile MyFaves thing... I think that's the only real difference.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that is a pretty crappy prerequisite, but if you have a friend with a winmo phone, at least it's possible.
The ironic thing is: I have a WiMo device, but it can't use microSDs!
so i have to see if i can get an adapter or something similar (and still pray if it works)
I read somewhere where the hack was discovered, that it's more or less just a rewrite of the serialnumber of the card (however that works) and you have to use the wimo because you have exclusive access to the card.
Kinda hard to understand if you read it and the guy who wrote the program you need is a little hesistant to show how he did it.

Man i love google for what they have done, but couldn't they made it easier to gain root access? ^^'
(I know that they won't and can't do that, but ... *sigh*)

Upvote 0
Ah I know that T-Mobile dosn't want to have us root thats why I said "They can'T..."

And I would like to try it out, but ether the device can't read my SD-card or the device dosn't allow to read the serial number from the SD-Card (and it seems i can't change the registry of the device)
But i have a friend who could maybe help me...

But another way to cange the SN of the SDCard would be prefered

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones