Updates Disappeared!General

Last Updated:

1. ShadyWoodland

ShadyWoodland New Member This Topic's Starter

This morning when I turned on my Eris, I received a notice that I had 2 new updates! I was excited because I thought it might be Android 2.1.
    Hearing that updates can take a lot of battery power, I decided to use Advanced Task Killer to kill all unnecessary tasks before installing the updates.
    I opened ATK, killed the selected tasks, and boom!, the updates disappeared! I manually checked for updates under Settings, but it says my phone is up to date.
    I called Verizon and they said if Settings doesn't show any updates, they must have installed automatically. I don't buy that. Updates are supposed to take several minutes and I checked Settings right after the update notification disappeared. So unless they installed in a matter of seconds, something is wrong.

Did anyone else get updates this morning? If so, what are they?
    Any ideas what happened or what I may have missed?
    I'm sick thinking I may have missed a chance to get Android 2.1 early. (I've only had my phone 2 weeks, so I'm not worried about my data being erased :))

Advertisement
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

They were probably app updates. Go to the Market and select My downloads ... see if there are any updates there

3. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

Update in notification bar, ie from Facebook, or an update to a downloaded ap? If I remember right, when the small update came, it was a window, the background was greyed out, and you could hit ok or cancel. What was it?

4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Beautiful Widgets updated today

5. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

As SoulFetcher implied, when we get the 2.1 update it won't be the least bit subtle. There will be a nearly full screen popup that tells you that an update is available and you can click to accept it or not.
    Otherwise you'll periodically see updates in the notifications bar, these will be updates to Market programs.

6. ShadyWoodland

ShadyWoodland New Member This Topic's Starter

You guys are right. They were app updates.
    I figured an Android update would be a bigger deal, but I wasn't sure and just didn't want to miss anything.

Thanks guys!