Updating AppsSupport

Last Updated:

1. adgjqetuo

adgjqetuo Member This Topic's Starter

This is my first smartphone and likewise my first droid. I have the droid 2. How do you tell when your apps are needing upgrades? I was browsing the market and happened to come accross one of my apps I downloaded awhile ago and it said "update" so I downloaded it.

Do I really have to browse the market for all of my apps individually just to see if there is an update??? My ipods app store has a special section which notifies you of all apps ready for update but I can't find that with the market.

A friend said it should be on the top taskbar but its not there either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

No. You can click on menu when in the market then go to my downloads. You can set them to auto update by going into each app. It will also tell you which apps need to be updated now.

3. adgjqetuo

So I have to download then go back everytime and click auto? So now I have to re find all my apps?? :(

4. Super_Six_Two

5. DSCR

DSCR Well-Known Member

I use appbrain. It keeps track of all my apps and updates. If I ever have to do a factory reset, it will reinstall the apps. Create an account at appbrain.com on your computer. Download appbrain from the market on your phone. Sync. Enjoy.

6. Super_Six_Two

You don't have to refind your apps. Go to the market then click the menu button then go to Downloads.

7. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

You don't have to re-find your apps. Go to the market, press the menu button, select "downloads". All your apps will be listed, and it will say if updates are available.

8. adgjqetuo

Ohhhhh I see that now- wow thanks! Exactly what im looking for :)