• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Updating Apps

JaRN99

Android Enthusiast
Jul 30, 2010
So....figured I'd check here first before contacting HTC and/or Verizon. I keep all my apps updated. But when I restart my phone I'll get a list of 7-10 that say they need updated. I'll then update them.....and then if I restart my phone again it'll say the same 7-10 need updated again. Anyone else have this problem?

So....figured I'd check here first before contacting HTC and/or Verizon. I keep all my apps updated. But when I restart my phone I'll get a list of 7-10 that say they need updated. I'll then update them.....and then if I restart my phone again it'll say the same 7-10 need updated again. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, I see it intermittently. I've started checking the apps version numbers before and after updating. Sometimes an update doesn't "take" and needs to be run again. Sometimes an app is revised multiple times over a few days and the update messages are legit. And sometimes the Market app is simply wrong when it says an update is available (because the update version number is the same). I don't know what causes the synchronization problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones